I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Professional's Day today..big field....
Sadly there was no prize for playing crap.....:cautious::poop:
The holes I completed I scored ok on..but 24 points from 13 holes ain't gonna cut it anywhere.....:poop::poop::poop::poop:

HeftyHacker

Visit site
Played in an AM/AM with the two best stableford scores from every fourball counting on each hole.

Absolute disaster.

One lad called in sick so we were down to three.

Another is hit and miss at best and was very much on a miss.

The old boy who joined us played pretty well and was our steady Eddie until the 5th, where he contracted the shanks and never fully shook them off all round. The 5th was a hole where, as a team, we didn't score a single point!

I proceeded to play the worst I have in about a month, with 4 lipouts resulting in 3 three putts - and I wasn't hitting greens in regs to start with.

67 points, the pro laughed when we told him so I assume we're not in the prizes ?.

Dreading Silloth on Tuesday now, going to have to get out before then and purge myself!

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Played in a Retro Day friendly competition at Kings Lynn with a load of other classic enthusiasts including @Voyager EMH

Very enjoyable day but the format was tough for higher handicaps; teams of three with two best Stableford scores to count but playing off half you HI, so for me on 15.9 I was down to 8 and losing 8 shots but for another guy who I think is around 1 or scratch, he would have lost no shots. :eek:

But in any event the team I was in came second on countback. :)

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
My team came third. Won 3 balls, Callaway Supersofts with "Royal West Norfolk Golf Club" stamped on.
I got 2 shots. I had the Geordie scratch bloke and a Kings Lynn member with HI 22.4 so he got 11. Best two stableford scores per hole.
Lovely course, lovely weather, great company and a great day.
Offered the chap in the pro shop a ten bob note to cover the green fee. He WAS amused. Well, it was same "era" as my clubs.
Actually, I thought the organiser got us a great deal at £35 for a Saturday.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
After months of moaning about my handicap going up and up and woes of hitting the driver I finally got it together and won todays competition with a nett 68. I managed 10 out of 12 fairways in regulation, with the 2 misses still being in play.

Should get a cut which pleases me most

Imurg

Visit site
After months of moaning about my handicap going up and up and woes of hitting the driver I finally got it together and won todays competition with a nett 68. I managed 10 out of 12 fairways in regulation, with the 2 misses still being in play.

Should get a cut which pleases me most
There's life in the (very) old dog yet..;)(y)

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Played the knockout pairs better ball today. Won, but it was not an easy match but this was to get to the semifinals. My low partner was “relentless “ to quote the opposition ??. He made all his birdies and I didn’t get to putt my chances ?.
Definitely gone further than I thought we would and he is getting better and better. I am a bit of a mixed bag !

upsidedown

Tour Winner
Visit site
Monthly medal and 7th with a 75 nett 72 , however 2 2's for £16 and it's a counter round so projecting down to lowest Hi of 2.2 if PCC is 0.

On the 18th tee knew I needed a par to probably drop me to 2 round our place, slightly pushed drive leaving 190 to a back left pin out of the rough and in a patch of clover, hit a 5 iron as it's downhill and you have to run the ball in but tugged and heading for the bunker, hit the rake and then the Captain's Charity bunker sign to finish 6 inches from the pin for a tap in birdie , much to the amusement of the Patio at my luck :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
Played at The Addington in a club pairs match for Westerham GC.
My partner and I won 5&4, only losing two holes. The greens are ridiculously quick and the whole course is pick and place, and huge areas of GUR with free drops, because they are doing A LOT of work there. Cleared out hundreds of trees and scrub. Two years time and it's going to be a really good course.
Played at Westerham yesterday in the 3/4 handicap bowl, off 10, and hit 38 points, coming third. A good weekend.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Another nine hole round with the wife in the late afternoon today. She even told me she'd been down the driving range with her pal this morning while I was playing football! Keen as mustard!

We went up to Redbourn, I'd never been there before but they have a nice little nine hole par 3 course there. Although it's par 3s two of them are over 200 yards so there was a good variety of hole lengths for her. The holes are nice and wide as well so great for beginners. She really enjoyed it and said it was the best one we've played on so far. Her highlight was hitting a 3 wood on the downhill 130-yard 4th, narrowly missed the front bunker but popped nicely up onto the green! She was chuffed, unfortunately three-putted for a bogey though. ? She ended up shooting 57, so 30 over par. Nothing worse than a couple of 8s on the card.

I shot 35 so I was 8 over, I should've done a bit better really, but I was knackered from football, plus the greens were quite hard and fast and I shot through the back of them two or three times unexpectedly. Was a good little test of the short game though. She really liked it so we'll definitely be back there at some point. Also, the guy didn't even charge us for some reason! He just said go out and play. Nice guy! Glad we didn't book ahead and pay in advance. ?

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
Society championship day today, absolutely smashed it. Came home with 40 points for the win, 2 x nearest the pin prizes and longest drive also in the bag.
The presentations afterwards was a bit awkward :whistle:
Feel a little bit embarrassed :LOL:

Did you collect your prizes with your Sombrero on ??

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Played Weald of Kent as I was at the caravan.
Stood on the 10th tee 3 down to @Scholesy and beat him 2&1.
The greens were like concrete and even a full shot wouldn’t hold them.
Putted ok and got the chipper out with some good results

Imurg

Visit site
Out early with CVG...10% chance of precipitation and we drew the short straw...
Started on the 1st for a change for reasons I shall go into on the golf irritations thread..
After Saturday's debacle I wasn't brimming with confidence so was pleasantly surprised to muster a 2 over gross 21 pointer...
On to the back and a couple of 4 balls were in front but they expertly let us through at the first available opportunity so we didn't lose more than a couple of minutes...
Something happened at the start of the back 9...only had 3 more points after 4 holes....but then played the rest of the 9 in 1 over gross..:unsure:
Still, 36 points, mustn't grumble..just got to dry everything out now..
Oh, and I seem to have remembered how to hit the driver...took it out for a try and creamed everything....
Stupid game..

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
Decided it was finally time to use the EG for a general play entry. Felt quietly confident after playing & putting well on Saturday. Cue a 4 putt triple on the 1st ? Turned a great birdie opp into bogey on 7, plus a couple of penalties later but there was good stuff also. Played the last 6 1/2 holes with a found TM distance+ (as had a minor strop on), and finished strongly ?. Couple over nett, which ended up resulting in a 0.1 index drop, which due to slope, rounding & %adj results in 1 shot less next time out ??

davidy233

Tour Rookie
www.davidyoungphoto.co.uk
Out at lunchtime on my own, course was busy this morning and it was slow so I played it just the same as I would a comp, took my time lining up putts properly and putted everything out. Largely struck the ball better than the last couple of weeks and enjoyed it out there, cloudy but warmish weather with approx 15mph wind so pretty playable.

IMG_6015.jpg
3rd green, Ashludie course, Monifieth Links

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Played Kirriemuir, course in great shape, greens were really quick, rock hard and some difficult pin positions. Scores were not great, winner had 31 points off 19, i was 2nd with 30 played OK but I don't think I've hit so many greens and gone through the back. For some reason i was playing off 2, as I'd won there last time...?Very enjoyable course none the less. Stathmore today.

D

Deleted member 21258

Played Cleckheaton Golf Club in a comp, quite a quirky compact course, good condition, didn't love the course. However there were a few good fun holes in there. A good day out with the family, enjoyed it.

Best fountain(bigger picture if click on) I have ever seen and mum was in awe of it ;):-

Couple of birdies, shot 37 points off full handicap(35 off 85% in 4BBB), the rest of the team forgot to turn up, 34th out of 37 teams with 71 points:LOL::LOL::LOL:

Sats

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Played and shot +1 over the front nine, but +7 over the back. Pleased as I putted well and my lessons seem to be playing dividends as I'm striking the ball clean as!