I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Best round of the year, 7 over net 79, thankfully I didn't put it in for a casual round card :LOL:
If only I could tighten up my chipping there should be more decent scores to come.
Best round ever for me tonight - a 76 for a 0.9 cut to the HI. This comes just two days after a 78 which was equal to my previous best. Certainly seem to be in a purple patch at the moment.

Looking at my record my first card handed in was a 94 - its been a good season for me!
There was something in the air today ?

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
I played my SF of the seniors KO giving 14 shots away. Tough par three to start. He clouted the ball 180 yards on to the green with his driver. I was 5 down after 7. THen a miracle happened. He duffed a drive on 8. Lost ball. And 9. Lost ball. Bit by bit I clawed my way back to be one up on 17. A hellish drive off the back sticks. I nailed it. Job done, or so I thought. He followed me. I got down in 5, and so did he. All square going down 18 him with a shot. 434 par 4. He sliced making going for the green impossible. I was in position A on the fairway. He could only go out to the left to open up the green. I prayed for one last good 3 wood. Nobbed it, but got 150 yards. He did the same so was short of the green with me. I carefully chipped on thinking that we would end up going back down the 1st and hoping he couldn't repeat the trick. Then, he thundered his chip to the back of the green. He chipped to within 4 foot. I'd got a uphill 6ft right to left curling putt......and it went in for par. Game won on the last. I've never ever had a release like it. My whole body just relaxed. The tension I had built up. OMG. I'm going to relax now for a couple of weeks before arranging the final.

Phew !

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I played my SF of the seniors KO giving 14 shots away. Tough par three to start. He clouted the ball 180 yards on to the green with his driver. I was 5 down after 7. THen a miracle happened. He duffed a drive on 8. Lost ball. And 9. Lost ball. Bit by bit I clawed my way back to be one up on 17. A hellish drive off the back sticks. I nailed it. Job done, or so I thought. He followed me. I got down in 5, and so did he. All square going down 18 him with a shot. 434 par 4. He sliced making going for the green impossible. I was in position A on the fairway. He could only go out to the left to open up the green. I prayed for one last good 3 wood. Nobbed it, but got 150 yards. He did the same so was short of the green with me. I carefully chipped on thinking that we would end up going back down the 1st and hoping he couldn't repeat the trick. Then, he thundered his chip to the back of the green. He chipped to within 4 foot. I'd got a uphill 6ft right to left curling putt......and it went in for par. Game won on the last. I've never ever had a release like it. My whole body just relaxed. The tension I had built up. OMG. I'm going to relax now for a couple of weeks before arranging the final.

Phew !
Oh dear. Did it make a mess?

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site

Phew !

When I played my first ever round with my brother, it was captains day. I won it. The sensation after the last putt was exactly the same. I have never had that feeling since.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
In order to play 18 at a time that we want to play 18 and not get mixed up in the middle of a roll up we have to start by 7.30 from the 10th..no big deal really but the 10th can be a tricky first hole.
So off we went..very average golf but they had top dressed the greens so that was our excuse..
Got round to the turn and.....barely 10 cars in the car park at nearly 9am....place is usually heaving by then..
Seems the Elders roll up was lacking any numbers
So we would have been ab,e to go off the first and not had any time issues...:unsure: if only there was a way to know this.....
Anyway, the averageness continued and I finished on 32 points...
And it rained
Again
Less than 5% chance of precipitation and we were that unlucky..........:mad:

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Well what a difference from Monday,I don't think I've hit so many poor shots from the middle of the fairway or left so many putts short. I drove the ball pretty well, but either hit a horror short or got a poor result. We were only 1 point off the winning score.... without me contributing to a single ?
I think I will have rest tomorrow ?