I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Played with a mate off the yellows. For the third round in a row it was 35 points. Blobbed the 11th after hitting a huge hook left off the tee which is unheard of for me - without that would have been a very tidy round. I didn't think a good round was on after that blob and double bogeying the 12th (found a ditch), but I finished really strong with four pars and two bogeys in the last six holes. Delighted with that, especially as it included parring my nemesis hole, the long par 3 15th. This time I played a 5 wood just short of the green but straight, giving me a straight uphill chip and then holed the putt, so that seems to be the winning combo for that hole. Putting was better than it has been as well, the greens weren't their quickest after all the rain yesterday, but I focussed on hitting confident firm putts as much as possible and I think there was an improvement. 35 putts on the round which is better than it has been - only three-putted twice.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I set out today with two targets in mind. No 3 putts and no double bogeys. 1 out of 2 is not so bad - no 3 putts and just one one double bogey. Sadly too many single bogeys to make it a very good round though, one under nett though so quite happy.

D

Deleted member 15344

Played the Invitational Day Purdis Heath today - course is great condition ,we birdied the first , par the rest and birdied the last for a solid 41 points , our mates won the day with a great 44

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Captain's Day today, Stableford with a Bowmaker going on at the same time.

One of the worst days on a golf course I can remember.
I was hopeless.
  • Practically zero contribution to the team score.
  • Opening tee shot OB onto the range.
  • I lost SIX balls!
  • 2 fairways hit.
  • Numerous shanks.
  • Missing short putts.
  • And only hitting the the last green saved me from zero GIR.

upsidedown

Tour Winner
Visit site
Had a right walloping from a 19 handicapper in handicap KO, giving away 15 shots he had 3 gross birdies and we bumped fists on the 13th , 6 and 5 loss. He's been away from the game for 4 years so WHS has only got 7 cards for him since we came back , really nice lad and most enjoyable game. Knew it wasn't going to be my day when having got it back to one down on the 6th I'd hit middle of par 3 7th and his tee shot had gone left into the trees, looked for his ball in there and was about to give up when we spotted it 10 inches from the flag !!

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Another medal, another shocking display of chipping and putting en route to a terrible 85. I doubt the handicap will not go up this time.

4 hours 15 mins for a 3 ball is just too much standing about.

davidy233

Tour Rookie
www.davidyoungphoto.co.uk
Nice walk in the sunshine tonight round the Ashludie, first time I've played in a couple of weeks - just a bounce game so no pressure and hit some nice shots - disappointed to leave a less than ten yard eagle chip on the tenth six inches short but it was gorgeous out there.

Just over two and a half hours for 18 holes which is pretty standard for the Ashludie.

Didn't take any photos but I had a wander around the links on Friday night with a proper camera - here's a few pics.

DY3_3539.jpg
Approach to (par 4) 4th green Monifieth Medal course

DY3_3555-2.jpg
Par 3 5th Monifieth Medal course

DY3_3613.jpg
Par 5 9th Monifieth Medal course

DY3_3668.jpg
15th (par 4) Monifieth Medal course

DY3_3712.jpg
1st (par 4) Ashludie Course, Monifieth Links

DY3_3676.jpg
Par 3 third hole Ashludie course, Monifieth Links - 100 yards from the white tees - a lens at 250mm makes it look much shorter.

DY3_3669-2.jpg
Looking back down the 4th fairway Ashludie course, Monifieth Links

full_throttle

Tour Winner
Visit site
so close yet once again a silly mistake cost me dearly.

Bogey competition today, turned the corner level with the course, went 2 up after 11 and then hit a lost ball resulting in liss of hole, back to +1, signed for a +4 against the course, left for home leading but finished the day in 2nd place.

Being a major it was a chance to get my name on the board again. :(

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Captains Day...main medal competition. Beautiful day. Big field. Big prize. Tees on the plates, course full length, fast greens and tough pin positions. Perfect.

Front 9..for me an almost perfect knock - gross 1 over par. I LOVE golf.

10th hole. 2nd shot - out of the blue shank into the woods and a 6. Derailed. Almost totally. Back nine. Gross 12 over par...I HATE golf (Don‘t really...?)

So disappointing, so fed up. Anyway. I look on the bright side. Front nine. ?

Last edited:

GG26

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
First club medal for nearly two years and the greens were much faster than they’ve been for some time. A nice par on the first was followed by a four putt 7 from just 20ft and the round carried on in that vein. A number of poor holes mixed in with a number of good ones. Ended with a 92 (net 73) and just 3 shots off of topping my division.