I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

D

Deleted Member 1156

Just looked at some of the scores in our first medal of the year today. Guy off 16 shot 110, that's 40 over par. No NR, kept going. Used all his shots up before he holed out on the 6th hole. Must have been fun for his playing partners and the group behind.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Friendly round with my 28 hcap mate, off yellows. Started poorly with three doubles in the first four holes. Had a good spell from 9th to 13th with four pars in five holes. Ended up shooting 87 for 33 points, so not too bad, pretty average round really. The greens are as fast as anything I've ever played at the moment. The 15th was a bit of a joke, the pin position had to be illegal. My mate hit an 8 foot up to the flag which was a few inches short, then rolled right back to his feet. I four-putted that green and felt like it wasn't a bad result.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Just looked at some of the scores in our first medal of the year today. Guy off 16 shot 110, that's 40 over par. No NR, kept going. Used all his shots up before he holed out on the 6th hole. Must have been fun for his playing partners and the group behind.
What do you mean by that? It's not like 110 is a crazy amount of shots.

D

Deleted member 15344

what ?! 110 ! From a 16 handicapper - 40 shots more than handicap. That’s shocking - should have NR’d and i certaintly wouldnt want to be stuck behind that level of play in a competition or in the same group.

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
Couple of firsts for me today. Holed out with a full shot on the 5th for an eagle ⛳ & thanks to WHS it is a shot hole so "2 for 5" ?
After 6 holes I was 1 under, and 16 points. Should have left the course then though ?

D

Deleted Member 1156

It is for a 16 handicapper who is clearly not going to trouble the leaderboard. It is also not going to count as one of his eight counting scores so all he is doing is holding up the field.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
what ?! 110 ! From a 16 handicapper - 40 shots more than handicap. That’s shocking - should have NR’d and i certaintly wouldnt want to be stuck behind that level of play in a competition or in the same group.
In terms of pace of play his handicap is irrelevant. 110 isn't a totally ridiculous number of shots, I've seen plenty of people shoot more than that in medals before.

slowhand

Head Pro
Visit site
First comp at new place. Played with handicap secretary and scored 35 points. Then realised I hadn’t signed in before playing so it doesn’t count :(. Just as well I was nowhere near winning, as there were already 2 scores of 41 in by the time we finished

D

Deleted Member 1156

In terms of pace of play his handicap is irrelevant. 110 isn't a totally ridiculous number of shots, I've seen plenty of people shoot more than that in medals before.
Round my course if you go off the fairway you are in trouble. A 16 capper isn't likely to be topping and duffing his way round, those dropped shots are going to be caused by errant shots into the rough resulting in a lot of time looking for balls.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Do you have a twos pot and do you have a rule that says 2s only get paid if the round is completed?

D

Deleted member 15344

People shouldn’t be scoring that high in medals if they are a 16 handicapper - if they already know they aren’t going to trouble the scorers then pick up when the score has got ridiculous and move on. I can not imagine how many holes his group lost on the group in front.

Wish clubs would put on a limit when it comes to medal - play to a certain level first before being allowed to enter them

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Round my course if you go off the fairway you are in trouble. A 16 capper isn't likely to be topping and duffing his way round, those dropped shots are going to be caused by errant shots into the rough resulting in a lot of time looking for balls.
That's fine - it's just in my opinion I think he's within his rights to play his round if he wants to. There's no rule saying you have to N/R if you're not going to win is there.

D

Deleted Member 1156

Do you have a twos pot and do you have a rule that says 2s only get paid if the round is completed?
Yes we have a 2's pot but you don't need to complete your card to get paid out. We had 2 guys today that NR'd with 2's and they will get paid out.