I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Only managed 16 holes this afternoon thanks to, possibly, the slowest 4 ball in the history of slow 4 balls.....
Started bogey, bogey but then went on a par run - 6 in a row - and then a birdie at the 9th for a +1 front and 21 points - waiting on every shot from the 4th..
Back 9 began ok, 3 pars and a bogey but then doubled 14..I think, by this time, I could feel the will to live slowly finding its way out of me...they weren't going to let us through.
Another bogey and a par at our last gave me 34 points after 16 - nicely adequate.
If we'd followed the tortoises down 17 and 18 we'd have been playing the last in the dark so we packed up.
+5 with 2 holes left...not bad for a blind, bald cripple with an arthritic knee:p:cool:

Was it a h4h fourball in front of you? ?

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
4bbb Stableford today as one of the scores we need to qualify for the knockout stage of the winter league. Wet and difficult conditions but we scored 42 points which will probably count as one of our best 3 scores from 5 rounds.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Played 10holes (1-6 and 15-18). Played the first part great and was two under handicap in filthy conditions standing on the 15th. Made a mess of 15 for a single point, solid two points at the 16th which I can reach in two and then went OOB on the 17th. Lashed it down playing 18 and just wanted to get in so rushed it for a single point. Tow over handicap in the conditions I@ll take and made a birdie at the 5th so plenty of good stuff on the back of 37 points off the whites yesterday

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
Wasn't surprised to see that the back 9 was basically shut today. Definitely need that additional irrigation work.

:) It's kind of ironic isn't it, but it is still a good idea for the drier times.

It was proper wet out there yesterday, even on the front 9. Even though I was out there with everyone else, my three ball all thought the course should have been closed. Hopefully it will dry out a bit this week.

#Update
email just received, course closed today due to heavy rain, no s*** sherlock

Last edited:

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Started Saturday morning off 23.1 index - went round in 44 points (with a blob)

Handicap was cut down to 17.3 index following this! (not got 20 rounds in yet)

Sunday stroke play - 88! In the hammering down rain.

A great weekend of golf for me considering my driving was awful, struck woods and hybrids to perfection!

Happy!

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
:) It's kind of ironic isn't it, but it is still a good idea for the drier times.

It was proper wet out there yesterday, even on the front 9. Even though I was out there with everyone else, my three ball all thought the course should have been closed. Hopefully it will dry out a bit this week.

#Update
email just received, course closed today due to heavy rain, no s*** sherlock
I suspect that many clubs are staying open as long as they possibly can so members don't lose more golf.
Tricky balance...unless you play at Ellesborough...
#rainwhatrain:cool:

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
decent morning here, first group out round in 2 and a half as a 3 ball, next group in the roll up 3 holes behind when we finnished.

hit it well today, though again didn't sink many putts , but 4 birdies, one bogey , stuck so many approach shots close... :rolleyes:another disappointment on 18, good drive again 7 iron to the middle of the green, putt lipped out for eagle and went 4 ft by, which i missed coming back:cry:

D

Deleted member 3432

decent morning here, first group out round in 2 and a half as a 3 ball, next group in the roll up 3 holes behind when we finnished.

hit it well today, though again didn't sink many putts , but 4 birdies, one bogey , stuck so many approach shots close... :rolleyes:another disappointment on 18, good drive again 7 iron to the middle of the green, putt lipped out for eagle and went 4 ft by, which i missed coming back:cry:

Big fugly putter is what you need ;)

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site

Perhaps you should have taken your time. ;)

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Another day of not being able to hit a driver.
Gonna have a proper course of lessons come january.

After a poor 44 where I sent the driver all over the the place I decided to just tap, it down the fairway. Didn’t hit one longer than 220 but found all 7 fairways and came back in 39. Maybe a lesson in there some where....

PrimroseandBlue

Visit site
I got back out to Adlington nine-hole course this morning after the boss kindly gave me the morning off. Good timing as well- they've been shut for two days due to the weather. Unsurprisingly it was rather wet underfoot but they'd done a great job with the greens in particular.

I shot for 56 and then 46. My shots off the tee are definitely improving thanks to lessons. Putting hit and miss. But it's all good practice and getting a few shots straight onto the green was gratifying!

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Got out for 18 this morning, shot a 4 over 75 but not taking too much from it as course was playing a bit shorter (two par 4s became drivable). Dropped a shot on the 1st and then a run of 11 pars before a birdie, sadly followed by a double on a par 3.
Just good to be out there swinging a club.

Playing Archerfield tomorrow and the weather looks grim.

AliMc

Visit site
Got out for 18 this morning, shot a 4 over 75 but not taking too much from it as course was playing a bit shorter (two par 4s became drivable). Dropped a shot on the 1st and then a run of 11 pars before a birdie, sadly followed by a double on a par 3.
Just good to be out there swinging a club.

Playing Archerfield tomorrow and the weather looks grim.
Yeah lovely day today weather wise for 18 at Dunbar, round in 73 off the yellows, only good enough for a one down loss, hopefully forecast improves for you for tomorrow

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Yeah lovely day today weather wise for 18 at Dunbar, round in 73 off the yellows, only good enough for a one down loss, hopefully forecast improves for you for tomorrow

I hope so too, Fidra is at least enclosed in trees some of the way round but opens up and is exposed.
Get the feeling its the Dirleton tomorrow though, nowhere to hide.
73 round Dunbar is good going.