I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I had a casual 18 holes with a mate. Took out my new (s/hand) Evnroll ER6 putter. Teed off the 10th and went 1 putt, 11th 1 putt, and 12th 1 putt: none more than 12 to 15 foot but a pleasing start and also no 3 putts - or 5 putts for anyone with a long memory ?
I know it's a new putter but bit weird to tee off with it. How many yards did you get?

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
played at lunchtime with the roll up, even 5 guys trying to get times 3 weeks ago were still just not quick enough to get the usual times. it was a nice afternoon with bright sunshine and little wind. went of like a train with birdies on 1,2 and 3, then made a classic schoolboy error, hit a good drive down 7 and was in the same place i'd been on Monday, so took the same club thinking all the other pins were in the same place the one on that green would too. flushed it straight onto the middle of the green. as we got closer... it was on a winter green as there were working on one of the front bunkers. i was about 70 yards too long:ROFLMAO:. played well the rest of the round apart from a ball up on 14, where i doubled from the front bunker.

downside though was i carried as the front wheel of my PC broke, was knackered when i got home:oops:

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Played for the first time since before Lockdown II.
The course was a bit of a mud-fest, but I knew it would be.
Happy with 31 points, I even had a chip in for the first time in ages.
Drove poorly, putted poorly, hit some great irons, finished with the ball I started with and loved every bloody minute!
Oh, polo shirts were the order of the day.
Absolutely loved it and my twin and I won by three holes.

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
What a lovely day on the course, and after the usual six holes it takes me to warm up, a decent last twelve holes. (y) Played with an 82 year old, but was smacking it a good ten yards past him off the tee.:whistle::)

Playing partner tried to ruin it by saying my area of Surrey was the only one to go to tier 3, when in fact we are in the only area that is still tier 2.:p

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Played for the first time since before Lockdown II.
The course was a bit of a mud-fest, but I knew it would be.
Happy with 31 points, I even had a chip in for the first time in ages.
Drove poorly, putted poorly, hit some great irons, finished with the ball I started with and loved every bloody minute!
Oh, polo shirts were the order of the day.
Absolutely loved it and my twin and I won by three holes.

Good effort sir after a long lay-off

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Called it a day after 3 holes..
About as windy as I've experienced on a course today, swirling and gusting making clubbing virtually impossible
A heavy drizzle that was coming in sideways
Didn't have to be out there so, after 3 holes, we weren't.
There was another reason for walking in.
Another 2 ball hooked up with us to make up a 4.
One of them was fine...the other.? Well, let's be polite and say A little eccentric...
Nice enough guy but....
He had a remote control trolley that seemed to control itself rather than him control it..
That, in itself, wasn't too bad ...it was the Horse Head wheel trims, the front and rear lights, the personalised number plate and the speaker that let out a horse neighing whenever it stopped that sealed the walk in...
Holy cow ( or horse) I could not have gone 18 holes with the man and his trolley....I'd have stamped on his remote, kicked in his lights and ripped the speaker off by the 9th hole..
Unbelievable Jeff.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
After last weeks historical 43 points, this weeks games Ave played you would think Ave got leprosy in both hands. Smashed a 3 wood 170yds for me annual birdie 2 but a poor show.
That aside we played Tuesday and Thursday and the weather fantastic.playing in just two layers, al take that for December. Even managed to stay on me feet.
Oh ah one other, our greens are looking grubby, the first week back they were glorious, folk trampling mud onto the greens and not repairing pitch marks. Talking to a member who played Rosecotts Course.He said the greens were brillian.

D

Deleted Member 1156

Another who played 3 holes today. Forecast was fine, any rain would be west of us and it should be dry although cloudy all day. Well the lovely BBC weather girl Carol owes me a big apology!
Everything was wet through after 3 holes so back home via the Coop for bacon baguette and pot of coffee.

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Started like a train today which is very unusual as I've usually ruined any chance of a good score by the 7th hole.

I'd scored 17 points after 6 holes, but then it started raining so I put my cap on to keep the rain off my glasses, unbeknownst to me it was an unlucky cap, I scored 1 point on the next 3 holes including a 3-putt from 6 feet.
The rain stopped and I took my cap off and started to score well again, then the heavy rain came on the 15th so I put a bucket hat on instead, but again it was an unlucky hat!
I was okay on the 15th but totally messed up the 16th and only got a point on the 18th having been in position A after two.

Finished on 36 points but should have been much more.

D

Deleted Member 1156

Started like a train today which is very unusual as I've usually ruined any chance of a good score by the 7th hole.

I'd scored 17 points after 6 holes, but then it started raining so I put my cap on to keep the rain off my glasses, unbeknownst to me it was an unlucky cap, I scored 1 point on the next 3 holes including a 3-putt from 6 feet.
The rain stopped and I took my cap off and started to score well again, then the heavy rain came on the 15th so I put a bucket hat on instead, but again it was an unlucky hat!
I was okay on the 15th but totally messed up the 16th and only got a point on the 18th having been in position A after two.

Finished on 36 points but should have been much more.
This just proves the importance of being custom fitted for hats and not buying off the shelf. Hope you have learned your lesson for next time Nick? :ROFLMAO:

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
This just proves the importance of being custom fitted for hats and not buying off the shelf. Hope you have learned your lesson for next time Nick? :ROFLMAO:

You're absolutely right, the cap was actually a raffle prize so I've got no excuses. :(

I thought I'd played my way into the bucket hat, I got it at the infamous rain-soaked Hotckin meet some years back but it just goes to show, never take a short-cut when it comes to choosing the correct headwear.

IanG

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Lovely calm(-ish) and warm(-ish) day for a bounce game, 4BBB with the required seasoning of merciless mockery. After being nip and tuck for 17 holes we lost out to a birdie on the 18th which I thought was a bit rude :sneaky:. On the upside my partner paid for the coffees so the day wasn't a total wash-out.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
our roll up Christmas stableford comp and lunch. played well on the front 9, 24 points, and that was a 3 putt bogey from 8 feet on the 6th it was also nearest the pin, which i won...:LOL:

swing went astray on the back 9, but pulled it back on 15 onwards, to finish with 20, pipped for the win by one

another cracking day, prob the best weather we have ever had for this bash, heading home it started hammering down though, WW on full blast all the way back to Inverness.