I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

AliMc

Visit site
I hope so too, Fidra is at least enclosed in trees some of the way round but opens up and is exposed.
Get the feeling its the Dirleton tomorrow though, nowhere to hide.
73 round Dunbar is good going.
Yeah Fidra would be better until you emerge from the trees after the 11th, could be some call off's from Dirleton so you might be able to switch over, a couple of my mates are members so I get a few games there. Been playing well at Dunbar recently, scoring low to mid 70's for the last few rounds, not bad off 8, hard to beat in 4 balls but lost to a birdie on 18 today !

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
Just a range session today, working on bedding in the changes to my swing from a series of lessons I'm having at the minute.

My driving has been the worst part of my game recently, not getting the ball away off the tee with anything longer than a 4 iron has been a bit painful so put some effort into this. I usually set the club on the floor behind the ball before starting the swing, so I decided to try and hover and make the back swing as wide as I could. This seemed to work really well, felt like I was a lot more stable through the swing. All of the shots ended up being a slight fade (but wind was quite strong left to right so not sure how much effect this was having) and was definitely something that was playable.

Overall was very happy with the way the session went.

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Yeah Fidra would be better until you emerge from the trees after the 11th, could be some call off's from Dirleton so you might be able to switch over, a couple of my mates are members so I get a few games there. Been playing well at Dunbar recently, scoring low to mid 70's for the last few rounds, not bad off 8, hard to beat in 4 balls but lost to a birdie on 18 today !

Yeah, I get the feeling that it might be quieter tomorrow so might get round quickly. It's my wife's old man thats a member so I get down a fair bit. But might give Dirleton a miss if it starts really raining.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Just a range session today, working on bedding in the changes to my swing from a series of lessons I'm having at the minute.

My driving has been the worst part of my game recently, not getting the ball away off the tee with anything longer than a 4 iron has been a bit painful so put some effort into this. I usually set the club on the floor behind the ball before starting the swing, so I decided to try and hover and make the back swing as wide as I could. This seemed to work really well, felt like I was a lot more stable through the swing. All of the shots ended up being a slight fade (but wind was quite strong left to right so not sure how much effect this was having) and was definitely something that was playable.

Overall was very happy with the way the session went.

Good when a range session after a lesson goes well. Backs up the changes and gives you a good feeling to take to the course. I was also at the range tonight. Back still quite sore so took it easy. Hitting reasonably well. Bad shot is a left so pleased I've taken one side out of the equation. Working on a wider takeaway and a feeling of the club being out in front of me on the way down. Also trying to get the hips turning better (sliding on the bad shots) and almost feel as though I am pushing up from the floor. Good results but a work in progress

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Played Enville today and was in superb nick. Was able to take the range form to the course too and had 37 points which could have so easily been 40 with a hotter putter . Greens very receptive but still pacey , top course.

Good shooting. I had 37 off the whites on Saturday and made a few good 4-6 footers for a point and for the first time in ages I didn't blob a hole but like you feel I left plenty out there. Always feel we need to take the positives when we play well but no matter how low we go we always have this nagging feeling we left at least one out there

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
went out today just 13 holes open it was wet but playable, played the first 4 holes with 2 newbies, both joined in the summer and were having a 4 holes in the dinner hour, The both seem very keen and look like they could become good players they are in their 30s so time is on their side. For myself pleased with my score 5 over for the 13 holes, but disappointed that all bar 1 of my bogeys were on par 3s.

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
went out today just 13 holes open it was wet but playable, played the first 4 holes with 2 newbies, both joined in the summer and were having a 4 holes in the dinner hour, The both seem very keen and look like they could become good players they are in their 30s so time is on their side. For myself pleased with my score 5 over for the 13 holes, but disappointed that all bar 1 of my bogeys were on par 3s.

Getting 4 holes in over lunch is good going for them. I thought I was doing well with a range session at lunch.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Another respectable 37 points (+7) today.
+2 front 9 (20 points) and +5 back with an annoying bogey on 16 and an equally annoying double on 17.
A birdie on 18 repaired some of the damage
Tricky conditions with a breeze of about 12-15mph but sudden gusts of more than twice that - and from a strange dire tion that made some hard holes even harder.
I'm having to adapt my driver swing to protect the knee- made a normal swing and, well, let's just say it hurt..
I think I've managed to find a way with a cracker up the last.
Happy to be finding some decent consistency, even with a knackered knee

D

Deleted member 21258

Not a member but luckily have enough friends who are members so get to play it often along with league and friendly games.

Nice result, just wondered as Saunton aren't allowing guests/visitors on at the moment and thought you may have joined. Lovely picture for the time of year.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
I had a casual 18 holes with a mate. Took out my new (s/hand) Evnroll ER6 putter. Teed off the 10th and went 1 putt, 11th 1 putt, and 12th 1 putt: none more than 12 to 15 foot but a pleasing start and also no 3 putts - or 5 putts for anyone with a long memory ?

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Another respectable 37 points (+7) today.
+2 front 9 (20 points) and +5 back with an annoying bogey on 16 and an equally annoying double on 17.
A birdie on 18 repaired some of the damage
Tricky conditions with a breeze of about 12-15mph but sudden gusts of more than twice that - and from a strange dire tion that made some hard holes even harder.
I'm having to adapt my driver swing to protect the knee- made a normal swing and, well, let's just say it hurt..
I think I've managed to find a way with a cracker up the last.
Happy to be finding some decent consistency, even with a knackered knee

Good stuff but how sustainable is playing with the dodgy knee