I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Played in an Am/Am at Ladbrook Park GC near Redditch, played a lot better than Sunday's horror show and the team scored 81 which was three points off the prizes but decent for those playing later in the afternoon rain.

The course is very picturesque and one of my favourites in the area, and I particularly like the early club/ball testing machine by Golf Ball Developments (better known as Penfold) positioned by the first tee.

Clubs were again the Mizuno White Fang 1 and 3 woods, mid 1980s, Ben Sayers Silver Crest irons, approx 1980, and Edinburgh Golf Rapier putter, 1970ish.

1602531078155.png

dronfield

Visit site
Played at Abbeydale today in the annual St Lukes Hospice golf day. Originally planned for summer but had to be rearranged due to lockdown - a very worthy course, that was well supported, and the organisers did a tremendous job running the day.
Have played Abbeydale a few times over the years, and it was in its usual great condition.

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Played off the silver tees at The Grove with a client.
Nice course in good condition given the rain we’ve had.
Struggled on the greens as there’s lots of subtle breaks - i don’t subtle.
Hit the driver better than I have for a long time which was nice.
Still chipping like a knob though.
Not sure I’d pay out of my own pocket to play it.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Played off the silver tees at The Grove with a client.
Nice course in good condition given the rain we’ve had.
Struggled on the greens as there’s lots of subtle breaks - i don’t subtle.
Hit the driver better than I have for a long time which was nice.
Still chipping like a knob though.
Not sure I’d pay out of my own pocket to play it.

Always enjoy playing it but struggle to remember too many holes. Good test off the silvers. Like you I wouldn't pay to play there

OnTour

Head Pro
Visit site
Wednesday - Brampton Heath winter series round 1 - greens super slick and true, course was in super condition had a few iffy lies in the rough around the fringe. shot 36pts played well used my driver once kept it in play with my M5 3 wood. down the field sadly in 17th place

CSS73 par 72 dropped 0.2 onwards to Aspley Guise & Woburn next week :)

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
had 3 guests at Nairn Tuesday afternoon, was not sure we would play as it was lashing down, so we sat and had a coffee, withing half an our it had stopped but it was very windy, and easterly so the front 9 down wind. one of my guests happened to mention he wouldn't be a member at Nairn becasue as a 5 handicap he didn't find it a challenge !!!!

oh how we all laughed when he bogeyed the 1st, 2nd and 3rd, doubled the 4th and 5th, bogeyed the 6th and 7th, doubled 8 and trippled 9:LOL: could not resist pointing out that just as well it was an easy coures or he could really have buggered up his score:LOL:

TigerTime

Visit site
For the past 4 nights in a row I've attempted to go to the local driving range and they've had queues of 6/7 people waiting to get on. Ridiculous. Nearest one after that shuts at 8pm and I can't get there for 7.

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
39 points in our monthly stableford this morning on a course playing really long off the back blocks. Typical of me to be running into some really good form as winter looms.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Very enjoyable round today. Wet weather meant the course was playing very long, no run. I reckon we had 10 par 5's today instead of the usual 4. Shame the card isn't adjusted accordingly.

Driving was good, short game was annoyingly off today. That left lots of 4-5 foot putts, plenty of which shaved edges but none dropped. Ah well, it was lovely to get out still.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Played in an Am/Am at Ladbrook Park GC near Redditch, played a lot better than Sunday's horror show and the team scored 81 which was three points off the prizes but decent for those playing later in the afternoon rain.

The course is very picturesque and one of my favourites in the area, and I particularly like the early club/ball testing machine by Golf Ball Developments (better known as Penfold) positioned by the first tee.

Clubs were again the Mizuno White Fang 1 and 3 woods, mid 1980s, Ben Sayers Silver Crest irons, approx 1980, and Edinburgh Golf Rapier putter, 1970ish.

View attachment 32888

I’m sure I saw you there, I think when you guys were on the 2nd, you called over to me and asked if it was placing.

I enjoy the course but it’s not a favorite of mine in the area, courses are very subjective but I enjoy Olton, Kings Norton & Copt Heath more, but I’ll always support Ladbrook days as it’s just a nice play to play with very good/friendly catering.

DeanoMK

Club Champion
Visit site
Played at Delapre GC for the first time today.

Not a bad course overall. My game was very poor though, battled with a weak slice all day and only mustered 2 pars.

Finished with 28 points. Meh.

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site
Over the moon today, level par at the par 3. Two birdies putts stopped inside 2 inches, one was defying gravity!

Ball striking was excellent, putting pace was excellent, the one none GIR was me picking the wrong line and hitting a straight shot with a touch of draw, I stuck the resulting bunker shot to 3 foot...

Absolutely buzzing now.

Last edited:

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
played in the Roll up friday, drawn with 3 guys that don't play with us that often all mid to high teen handicaps, , never ready to play, didn't look where there balls were going and generally not aware what was going on.

on one hole the 3 of them where all looking for a ball on the right, went over who's ball are we looking for? (there were 4 balls on the fairway) one says so and so , no mines there, so the 3 of them were looking for no ball at all:LOL: one of them was in a buggy and kept going to his ball hitting it then going to his next shot only he would be right in front of one of the others and had to kept having to be asked to move... it was like herding cats:LOL:

Sat 4 man team seasom closer, we were all terrible, missed puts all over the place... and it was slow...at least it didn't rain

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Played Wycombe Heights yesterday. Driving was excellent but everything else was just bad. Hit 75% fairways, but the course felt really long, and getting used to winter golf now - seemed like every par 4 was driver, 5 wood/hybrid and then still short of the green. Fatted a couple of pitches as well, plus putting was terrible so never likely to score well. Ended up with 92 for 29 points. Only four pars - at least one of them was on the 18th which raised the mood fractionally before my post-round pint.