I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
Rode my luck somewhat to card 35 points (with 3 blobs) and stuffing an indignant (my only luck is Bad Luck) Imurg into the bargain :) Its a tough life :)

The extra run certainly is helping and managed to nab 11 points off my 3 x 2 shot holes

lets see if I can repeat the feat on Friday, but without the lucky breaks and the blobs :thup:

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
"Rode my luck" - another way of pronouncing Fraggerluck!!!
The man is unbelievable.
Didn't play the front 9 too well and was ok on the back but had a dose of the lefts!!
But I don't care.
And I don't care if the ball was running.
I hit a 301 yard drive and the ball stayed on the fairway.
First time in a dozen years.

D

Deleted member 1740

I got stuffed 10/8 by Stu C at Aberdovey. I was 2 or 3 over gross at the time playing off 6 or 7. Stu was off 19 (I think) and was under par (gross) in some of the most brutal conditions I've ever played in.

The highlight hole was the first par 3. A hidden green surrounded by dunes and horse. I stick mine to about 6ft and Stu put his deep in the rough, about 30 yards left of the pin. He then proceeded to pitch it in from a lie that would have made a Tour pro weep. And he had a shot!!!!!!!!!

You forgot to add we were both still steaming after sinking 20pints of Stella each in the dovey arms the night before:D

ademac

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I played (well I turnt up) at the Oxfordshire this evening.
The course was in immaculate condition as they have been watering it all heavily with the water from their lakes.
Really lush green tee boxes, fairways and the greens were mint.
It only cost £20 each too which is a proper bargain just now. Definitely recommend it.

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
for the first time in a good few weeks I got out for a round just for fun, didn't give it much thought and played like a dream, 1 over gross for the first 9, including 3 birdies on the bounce. 2nd nine wasn't bad either but was spoilt by taking 4 to get out of a very wet bunker. I finished 9 over with that quadruple bogey.
Medal tomorrow hope I can play as relaxed.

Garush34

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
81 today, out in 40 back in 41. A double and a triple on the card, both could have been avoided. Really need to learn to not try and over power a 4 iron i know is not getting there. Lessoms to be learned. But a cut should be coming my way. No chance of a win, one of the boys i played with shot a net 56.

Depreston

Club Champion
Visit site
35 points

daft three putt to start

a chip into a bunker

next hole practice swing and crack the ball off the toe into the guff a par opportunity turns into a 7

3 lip outs for par on 15,16 and 17

golf is hard

Last edited by a moderator:

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
4BBB B Team match away to Charnwood Forest, a tough course for visitors where local knowledge is a big asset. While it's only a nine hole course it's one of my favourites in Leicesterhsire for it's quirkiness, no bunkers and some links like holes.

I was playing 1, 2, and 3.5 persimmons, George Nicoll "Pinsplitter irons (first time I've hit these) and a Wilson 8813 putter.

Played pretty well including some good 3 irons to the long par three. We were all square after 16 but we stole the 17th after I holed a long putt for par and they missed chances to halve form 4 and less than 3 feet, we then went on to halve the 18th for a very satisfactory 1 up win, unfortunately the team lost 3.5 to 2.5

George Nicoll heads.jpg

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
I played our Senior Open today. The front 9 was a curates egg with only 15 points scored (including two 4 point holes), then did the back 9 in 24 points, 1 over gross. It suddenly clicked scoring 3,3,3,2,4,3,1,3,2. I finished 2 off the winning score and left soooo many shots out there but still very pleased with my back 9.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Smashed it for 38 points so a nice little cut coming. Could of been better, but mustn't grumble. 😁

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
millionaires golf on Thurs. tee'd off at 7 back in the clubhouse by 9 as a two ball. hardly a soul on the course till we got to 12 then there were some ladies playing the 5th. Also played in the MWF roll up on Wednesday. Tried the 1 iron off the tee on the first 3 holes which was an unmitigated disaster. then decided to leave it alone from there. lost the back 9, in a 4BBB, even with 2 birdies. then won the back 9 one up which included 4 more birdies. We still lost overall quite badly. Though school:rofl:

ArnoldArmChewer

Tour Winner
Visit site
Played in the 2nd round of the Titleist Matchplay singles last night, I had the advantage of a home draw but still a very tight game which I sneaked on the 19th. Nice opponent so a match played in good spirits.

JohnnyDee

Tour Winner
Visit site
Played at ours this morning and good form continues.

Came back in one over gross 36 (23 points) - the front nine was OK - was there or there abouts but wasn't needed as it was a team Stableford with two to count from three - card was marked on a first two in to score basis.

Got our Seniors Championship on Monday but can't win as the overall winner gets age points awarded to their final score. Half a point for every year they are over 65. Always a really 'senior' senior who wins but as there are age-break categories for us young bucks too then I can give my category a run for its money with a bit of luck. :thup:

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
After Wednesday's good showing with the George Nicooll Pinsplitter irons I was intending to use them for the three other games this week but in the 9 hole medal last night I was rubbish so I changed the whole set to play in a charity day today at The Staffordshire GC.

Didn't play great again and scored 27 points but I did get one of the longest drives with my persimmon 1 wood and also won the nearest the pin in two on the 18th, which was nice.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Had the day off work today to have a round with my dad and my uncle at Aldenham. Played an absolute blinder! 42 out, 42 in for a 14 over par 84. Ties my best ever gross score that I only got two weeks ago, but as that was on a par 68 I'd say this is my new best. Got 42 points. 7 pars, 3 double bogeys and the rest all bogeys. Feeling pretty good about my game at the moment.

Captainron

Big Hitting, South African Sweary Person
Visit site
Just back from a 4 round Surrey blitz.

Sunningdale Old, Camberley Heath, Walton Heath and Cuddington. Chomped it round all of them with some decent golf sprinkled in there randomly. Putting is my weakness and I need to get that sorted pdq!

Glyn and I were both off our games in the Mizuno Pairs at Walton Heath but somehow managed 41 points which was tied 15th out of 108 groups.

D

Deleted member 1740

Chomped it around Formby Hall in the pishing down rain, though won NTP on 16.

Garush34

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Shot 87 this morning. Out in 41, back in 46. Two triples on the back cost me, just a couple of mental errors so just frustrated but happy with how I'm playing. Two third place finishes so far this week.