I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

GOLFER1994

Head Pro
Visit site
Re: I played today and......

Had an absolute nightmare. Played with some members so i could get my second handicap card in and went and shot a 108. :eek: (My first round was a 94)
Will try give an example of how i played, 6th is a 206yard par 3. Pulled the 5 iron out, caught it beautifully and hit into the bunker on the right of the green. 2nd shot didn't make it out of the trap, third was thinned into the bunker opposite me. Straight over the green with the 4th, fifth was an awful chip back which was put on the fringe, followed by 3 putts.
Card was full of 6's and 7's with 2 pars and an 8. Not a great day out !

Think i hit 6 sand traps on the first 9 holes. Irons seemed to be hit well all day just weren't getting on the greens, driver was awful, wedge play either brilliant or awful and putting was very average. Hoping saturdays run out is a bit better !

casuk

Head Pro
Visit site

Played yesterdays medal and came in 19th out of 59th quite chuffed
91 - 18 = 73 18.1
2 birdies aswel but the triples really killed my card

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site

Played the weekday medal today. Scored 89 (net 69, level par) - one better than handicap. Was in second place when l left and should be guaranteed a cut at last ...

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site

Played nine holes Monday and yesterday. Some great stuff punctuated with some very poor shots. It feels close and short game working well. Charity golf day in Chigwell tomorrow so going to just go out, have fun, enjoy it and let it flow.

JohnnyDee

Tour Winner
Visit site
Seniors Stableford today and after 16 on front 9 delighted with 20 coming home.

4 lip-out putts would’ve seen me getting a cut but pleased last five qualifiers have been .6 cut. buffer, 1.5 cut buffer, buffer.

My most consistent season in years and hopefully more to come.

Last edited:

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Today epitomised everything that's great about golf at Coventry Golf Club.

Although it was our annual Senior Open & it's a competitive competition where players come from all over, what great spirit my fourball was played in.

I knew a couple of their names in my group but I had never played with any of them before, but what great company it was.

I thoroughly enjoyed myself, even though I found myself scrambling a little more than I would have liked, but I've booked a lesson for Friday morning to hopefully eradicate the problems I'm suddenly experiencing.

It should have been so much better, 33 points, but 3 x no returns (blobs) on the back 9 & 4 in total killed my card. Those NR’s were down to poor club selection and poor course management, I got sucked into chasing my game a little at times, but hey ho, I know and recognise my mistakes but this fade/ slice I’ve adopted just lately I’m not keen on at all 😡

shortgame

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Today epitomised everything that's great about golf at Coventry Golf Club.

Although it was our annual Senior Open & it's a competitive competition where players come from all over, what great spirit my fourball was played in.

I knew a couple of their names in my group but I had never played with any of them before, but what great company it was.
Awesome, sounds great - what it's all about at our level 👍

33 points, but 3 x no returns (blobs) on the back 9 & 4 in total killed my card.

How bad were the N/R's - just nett doubles, or worse?

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Awesome, sounds great - what it's all about at our level 👍

How bad were the N/R's - just nett doubles, or worse?

Yeah, just 1 shot array when the single putt opportunity didn’t drop. Off the yellows is tough at our place, normal par 5’s turn into 445 & 430 par 4’s. Found too many bunkers being greedy when an iron and chip would have been best, rush of blood at times!

shortgame

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Off the yellows is tough at our place, normal par 5’s turn into 445 & 430 par 4’s
That's unusual, birdie chances (presumably) off the whites but tough pars off the yellows

Heard good things about the course, from on here and elsewhere

hairball_89

Club Champion
Visit site
Got to the club earlier with the intention of some food before going out, get to the bar to be greeted by rather kind (and well chuffed) gent offering us a pint as he'd got a hole in one on the 12th!

Sadly, that was about the extent of the positives for my golfing excursion!

HankMarvin

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Was going to play tonight but decided to have a few Buds and watch the football, glad I did. Back to the golf tomorrow

Dasit

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Another 82, really stuck in the 80 to 83 range atm

Hitting my irons really solid, not really getting my driver and woods out as don’t need them off the tee with how much run out there is

It is just really boring golf, 1 birdie, 8 pars, 8 bogeys and a double is the usual.

I usually hit about 7 or 8 green in reg but when I miss I am finding chipping and pitching to within 3 feet really difficult as the greens are so fast and sloped.

Just my around the green and short putting which are really holding me back, everything else has been so solid.

I always thought when I got to shooting low 80s consistently I would be a happy golfer, but it is actually so frustrating...

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Stableford today. Played like a muppet for 31 points. Just couldn’t get a run going and could only muster 9 pars and 9 birdies. That will be .1 back then.