I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

larmen

Head Pro
Visit site
Went for my best 9 hole round today ... until the last tee. I couldn’t find a place I liked on it and it totally got into my head, probably more the fact that I knew bogey is enough.

So on a downhill (all tee boxes should be perfectly flat, grrr) lie driver I lost it to about 150 into the right rough, just the edge on it. Punched it out and was on the fairway a good 7i to the green. Shanked that onto the 1st fairway behind a tree, shanked my SW into the bush, knifed a chip through the green, and then putted brilliantly for a 7. Probably an 8 (or 9) when adding a penalty.

But the round was good apart from 1 and 2/2 holes. 4 pars, 3 in a row, and all 3 par 3 holes in it. Much better than last Friday where on a par 3 course I only managed 1 bogey at best. No golf until the weekend now, the weather is just not giving a chance for it.

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Been playing awful golf over last few days, so was chuffed to bits to have an 85 (nett 67, for 38 points). Absolutely hosed it down part way round and the klaxon went off when lightning started, and caused a 40 minute break. Was especially pleased that the interuption had no real effect - half expected the wheels to fall off after the restart. Certainly took the money out of the group, and looks like I've probably won the virtual swindle. Happy days, and roll on Saturday. (For a probable return to normal form ...)

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Been playing awful golf over last few days, so was chuffed to bits to have an 85 (nett 67, for 38 points). Absolutely hosed it down part way round and the klaxon went off when lightning started, and caused a 40 minute break. Was especially pleased that the interuption had no real effect - half expected the wheels to fall off after the restart. Certainly took the money out of the group, and looks like I've probably won the virtual swindle. Happy days, and roll on Saturday. (For a probable return to normal form ...)

Well played?
I’ve had 3 decent scores since we started 35,36 and in the first qualifier today 36.

Looks like we are still well matched.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
due to play yesterday, had buggered my shoulder a few days ago and was still sore and then while out walking the dog earlier got a big blister on the side of my foot from wearing my wellies with no socks, wasn't keen then it brightened up, so went anyway.

driving was a bit off to start with, but hit the iron s well, slowed my temp right down due to the pain.

one thing i did notice was the wind swirls around all over the place with the North Easterly on show today, very stange

IanG

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Lovely evening round on Gullane No 2 last night courtesy of a kindly member. Of the three Gullane courses it is by far the one I've played least. Really enjoyed it, very playable and the greens were excellent.

Back on the home course tonight assuming the haar stays out to sea!

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Well played?
I’ve had 3 decent scores since we started 35,36 and in the first qualifier today 36.

Looks like we are still well matched.
Ta. It's been a bit bizarre. After we restarted playing again, I had a couple scores of about 30, then had a 41 and a 34 - and then a run of about half a dozen in the seriously low 20s. Then yesterday came along. The devil alone knows what I'm doing?

Shooter McPowick

Head Pro
Visit site
18 in the rain and boy did the heavens open on the 16th! Driver started off excellent but by the end of the round I was struggling with it - I put it down to the rain, I rarely play if its raining but I was just so keen to play again.
Anyway, shot 82 out in 44 and in with 38 (+12) in a round that felt OK but not great. Made a mess of 7 to 9 with a lovely string of double bogeys.
A small caveat was the 16th & 17th greens where we just assumed 2 putts as there was too much standing water to putt.
Definitely feel that I can break 80

Attachments

• rain.jpg
    rain.jpg
    750.3 KB · Views: 6

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
Played last night, weather was superb.
Driver still not behaving, a weak left to right.
Irons and short game were good but you aren’t going to score well at my place if you can’t hit a decent drive.
Will get a lesson once I’m allowed, to hopefully sort it.
The game doesn’t feel far away, back out at 5pm tonight and another cracker of a day.

Wilson

Head Pro
Visit site
Didn’t think we would get out due to the biblical rain/thunder & lightening that kicked off 5 minutes before our tee time, I was soaked from getting my stuff out the car... glad I waited it out as 71 blows later I have a new PB and should be cut down to 8.
And I am down to 8 exactly, let's see if I can do it again, a real shame I wasn't more organised to get in the Divisional Club Champs this weekend!

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
played the Newton ( Cameron) 9 hole at Nairn with Hickorys with mate, nice distraction away from still clubs, deff hit these better today than i have normal clubs of late, and very temped to use my Hickory putter in my normal bag for my next game ... holed almost evrything

D

Deleted member 3432

played the Newton ( Cameron) 9 hole at Nairn with Hickorys with mate, nice distraction away from still clubs, deff hit these better today than i have normal clubs of late, and very temped to use my Hickory putter in my normal bag for my next game ... holed almost evrything

Maybe the C-Taper is a little 'stout' for you?

Perhaps a more forgiving shaft is in order, a soft regular maybe? ;)

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Played yesterday, absolutely awful, 8 points for the front 9, 21 in total.

Played today, hardly put a foot wrong apart from one OOB drive, 21 for the front 9, 38 in total.

What a crazy game it is.
Feel the pain. Hacked it round on Tuesday and ball striking was abysmal - 150 yards off the tee and to the right on every driving hole - but scrambled sublimely and managed 34 points. Didn't enjoy the way I played but took pleasure from getting a decent score despite chopping it. Hit it infinitely better yesterday but same points total with several lost balls. All I crave is some consistency in terms of ball striking

IanG

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Nice 18 this evening, played half decent, 80 on the nose despite a visit to the Eil burn. Sunk an 8 footer for birdie on the last green to make the match an amicable half so we both went home happy. :)

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Arrived at the club just as the rain stopped, shorts and polo shirt was the order of the day.
Couldn't get the driver working properly but was striking my irons beautifully ............................ eventually and due to a difference in mindset.
Didn't hit a green for the first 10 holes but hit 7 greens in the last 8 holes!
14pts out and 21pts back.
Won the last two holes with a birdie, par finish to win on countback.
My pitching and chipping is getting better and some of my irons were just pure.
The weather was great, the banter was great and I'm already looking forward to next week's game. (y)

D

Deleted member 25172

A few weeks back while bored with work I figured it’d be a great idea to organise a 9 hole competition to run over the summer. 9 weeks in total, with your 3 best scores to be the final score. Each week additional points handed out for top 3. Snowballed a bit, so now 28 of us.

If you’re organising you cannot be rude and win I figure, so today I carded an all time low of 11 points on our front 9. ???

Love it!

Duckster

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Played last night and for the first time ever I had to walk off injured. Felt a slight pull of something near my ribs hitting a shot on 5. Played 6 and had real pain hitting a wedge in. Tee’d off on 7 and could only just keep on my feet, decided it would be daft to carry on.
Pretty much furthest point from the car park.
Still in pain this morning, already resigned to not playing tomorrow.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Another card in, another 0.1 back....and a damn good soaking to boot...
Missed buffer by 3 shots having given the course a 2 hole head start by blobbing the first 2...1st hole I had a 40 yard pitch for a point :oops:
But then I woke up a little and scraped 12 on the next 7 to turn well behind target.
And then things clicked into gear and I played the back 9 in 3 over for 20 points...
So 8.7 is the new mark but I feel I'm getting closer to working the course out.
And Fragger got beaten on count back.....:D