I may be about to join another new club.......

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
So, having left one club in December I'm now in the process of being a member at two.

https://www.canterburygolfclub.co.uk/

Had an email about new membership possibilities, they've a new 2nd club scheme going. For less than half what I'd have to pay to upgrade my membership at Princes to 7 days I can get full access with the one exception being no tee's prior to 9am.

Have always enjoyed the club, but found that like a lot of courses in the area it isn't ideal in winter, but for the cost of this membership I'll only need a dozen rounds a years and it's paid for itself, add in extra comp opportunities and it was a no brainer. Paperwork all sent off and awaitng processing by the club.

D

Deleted Member 1156

Good for you, I had dual membership for about 5 years and it's always nice to have a choice where to play (y)

D

Deleted member 21258

Sure you will enjoy it, its great to play different styles and courses.

Looks like it might be closer to you(looking at your location) so your bound to use it quite a bit.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Let us know if you leave Prince's before Friday ??
I'll be at both :)

Sure you will enjoy it, its great to play different styles and courses.

Looks like it might be closer to you(looking at your location) so your bound to use it quite a bit.

Maybe a few miles closer, but take's similar amounts of time due to traffic.
Will certainly get vfm though.

spongebob59

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I might have a tarnished view from a few years back and my old club being in similar conditions.

Hopefully sort a round once it's all finalised.

Yes, I'll be up for that, bunkers are a bit scruffy but rest of course is looking good.
Roll ups don't exist any more as it's prebook only, talk of. 2 ball only early morning
. I suspect this will stay.
anything else you need to know,let me know.

spongebob59

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Sounds like a perfect fit. I'm a big fan of the Canterbury Pro Danny Maude and his youtube teaching

He's not on the coaching staff anymore, they just let him use the course whilst he sorts him self out, I believe he going to teach from a studio somwhere. I did have a lesson with him when I first joined, not impress ed.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
He's not on the coaching staff anymore, they just let him use the course whilst he sorts him self out, I believe he going to teach from a studio somwhere. I did have a lesson with him when I first joined, not impress ed.

Didn't know that. Why weren't you impressed. I know lessons are a two way thing and sometimes it doesn't click with a teacher and their methods don't resonate and you can't implement the changes. Think he still has Canterbury GC on some of his social media