Moving my handicap to a new club

Beedee

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I decided not to renew my membership at my old club as I wasn't using it enough. I told them I wasn't renewing and left at the end of March. As expected all the howdidIdo stuff stopped working in early April.

However, now I've decided to give membership one last try and have just joined a different club in the area. I know a few more people at the new club so I'm really hoping I'll play a bit more. I gave my old club details and CDH number to the new club. However I still can't get the HowDidIDo passport thing to believe me that I've joined the new club. My question is how long is typical for a handicap transfer to a new club? Do I have to request the old club to transfer it, or should the new one just be able to grab it from the pool of CDH's floating round without a club? Basically, should I be chasing my old club, or my new one, or both?

Canary_Yellow

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Your new club should be able to sort given you’ve provided the CDH number.

That’s my experience when I joined a new club a couple of years ago

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
To be able to use HDID the club must be a subscriber to the the company.
Have you checked with the new club if they are such?

The usual delay is for the old club to be tardy in releasing you to the new club as they have no vested interest.

Beedee

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Thanks for the replies. They're definitely a HDID shop. Weather permitting I'll be over at the club tomorrow night so I'll check if everything's ok.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Yeah message your new club again. I had an issue where even IG was showing my older club as the primary one, I just had to message my new club to sort it. They basically confirm that you've moved I think.