I just won the big one, its a millionaires life for me now!

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
A yorkshire man sold me an elephant scarer bracelet a few years ago.
It was a stroke of luck meeting him as it has worked brilliantly so far. :)

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
Text message on my phone told me I might be entitled to £5000 compensation for an accident I had in the past, and the replies only cost £3.50 ago. Mugs! :D

haplesshacker

Money List Winner
mid-life-crisis-man.blogspot.co.uk
This actually happened to my wife a couple of weeks ago.

Someone called, he (apparently) was very nice, and polite, and told her that she'd won a free holiday to Florida, The Maldives, Egypt and Australia. All she had to do was select one of them, and the free holiday was hers!

The salesman was very good apparently, I wasn't here! After 15 minutes she ends up giving her credit card details to them as a security deposit (£350) for the free holiday!

To her credit, she did then say that she wasn't going to accept the free holiday and told them not to use her card. Horse and bolted spring to mind!! Anyway the caller said that he would phone back to check if she wanted to change her mind. She did at least phone the bank and cancelled the card immediately.

She eventually told me later that night, a lot later. She was worried about my reaction as I tend to think, derr, how stupid can you be, type attitude, even if I don't actually say it. One of my 'bad' points.

Anyway. They did phone back, and yes they did want to speak to my wife. However, I took the call. I think the chap was expecting an easy time of it with the wife. Oh no, he got me. I just asked him to explain how it worked, then I told him that I don't appreciate their 'selling' methods. Despite this he continued to try and sell me the free holiday! I realy couldn't get angry at this bloke because he kept his calm throughout. Which was a shame as I really wanted to tell him where to go. As it was I told him to not trouble us again, and that the credit card had been cancelled. Okay, I might have been a bit ruder!

Firstly, it's a warning about this particular scam, and about how easy it is to be drawn in by them.