I bought today.....

Mandofred

Visit site
Just tested the Cobra Darkspeed. Ordered the X head with R shaft that was on the stiff side of things. Compared to my LTDx ls I was getting more consistency, maybe 5-10yds more distance and my misses (heel shots) were noticeably better. My spin numbers on the LTDx were a bit high, the X got me down closer to 2,000. I needed a new toy.

On the complaints about golf side of things.....I'm really losing distance in general. At least on this monitor (don't remember which kind) my club head speed was 89-90, ball speed usually between 123+128 at the highest. A decent shot for me was landing around 205, I think I got over 210 a few times.....so with the fake roll-out I was lucky to get past 240. It's my short game from 120 and closer that saves me when I'm playing better.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Just tested the Cobra Darkspeed. Ordered the X head with R shaft that was on the stiff side of things. Compared to my LTDx ls I was getting more consistency, maybe 5-10yds more distance and my misses (heel shots) were noticeably better. My spin numbers on the LTDx were a bit high, the X got me down closer to 2,000. I needed a new toy.

On the complaints about golf side of things.....I'm really losing distance in general. At least on this monitor (don't remember which kind) my club head speed was 89-90, ball speed usually between 123+128 at the highest. A decent shot for me was landing around 205, I think I got over 210 a few times.....so with the fake roll-out I was lucky to get past 240. It's my short game from 120 and closer that saves me when I'm playing better.
I know I've always been short off the tee and using Arcoss has only reinforced that. My average distance over the winter with zero roll is 202 yards. Of course that does include the topped ones or the ones that hit a tree and didn't go far but it reiterates that I need to find a way to get some more distance. Of course once the course dries out that will hopefully increase as we get roll but then there will be the jeopardy of longer semi-rough and penal rough (especially on certain holes on my course where it can get shin-knee deep) so anything off line won't go anywhere

Mandofred

Visit site
I know I've always been short off the tee and using Arcoss has only reinforced that. My average distance over the winter with zero roll is 202 yards. Of course that does include the topped ones or the ones that hit a tree and didn't go far but it reiterates that I need to find a way to get some more distance. Of course once the course dries out that will hopefully increase as we get roll but then there will be the jeopardy of longer semi-rough and penal rough (especially on certain holes on my course where it can get shin-knee deep) so anything off line won't go anywhere
That's why I don't really pay much attention to total distance, 80% of the year rollout is zilch. For me, there was an improvement in consistency and distance....both fairly minimal....but enough I didn't mind spending the money. I keep thinking maybe I should blow some money on the speed improvement programs.....even getting another 3-5mph on driver head speed would be nice to have.

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Cobra is the best looking driver of 2024.

Will it go any further? Doubt it.

I’ve seen the numbers from a +2 player flushing it. 1mph ball speed difference and lower spin by 50rpm, equated to 3-5yards if I remember. Given I only find the middle by mistake I doubt it in my incapable hands…. But it looks cool!

Springveldt

Visit site
Callaway Preowned have another sale on and I’ve just bought a Rogue st ls 3 wood for £123 delivered. Says condition is only “good” but I bet I’ll be happy with it. Got the strong version as since I’ll be playing a links course I’d like something that will be a bit lower. Current 3 wood is the Epic Speed Max that I send into orbit.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Callaway Preowned have another sale on and I’ve just bought a Rogue st ls 3 wood for £123 delivered. Says condition is only “good” but I bet I’ll be happy with it. Got the strong version as since I’ll be playing a links course I’d like something that will be a bit lower. Current 3 wood is the Epic Speed Max that I send into orbit.
Oh dear......Good job I got a new credit card today :ROFLMAO:

Springveldt

Visit site
Oh dear......Good job I got a new credit card today :ROFLMAO:
Some amazing bargains on there just now. I was tempted to get a Rogue st max ls driver as well but they didn’t have many in 9 degrees with a decent shaft. Not paying loads extra for that Tensei Blue Pro shaft that 2 of them had.

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Had a bit of a splurge today as had some spare cash calling out to be spent. I have ordered:
3 gloves from Skins Golf. £49.99 for their mystery pack ( different designs)
3 shirts from Caddy Couture £45 for all 3
Towel from Bombs Away Golf. £22

Not sure on quality, etc but seem to have good reviews and all seen on instagram

Smoj

Visit site
After being impressed with my proquip tempest waterproof jacket I bought the matching trousers, great price with an extra 20% off at Clarkes Golf came to £35 inc p&p

Marshy77

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Never bought anything from Callaway pre-owned. What's the grading like for the clubs? I'm looking for a hybrid and they have a Rogue 20 in average condition for £52! Not sure whether to take a gamble on it.

Mandofred

Visit site
Never bought anything from Callaway pre-owned. What's the grading like for the clubs? I'm looking for a hybrid and they have a Rogue 20 in average condition for £52! Not sure whether to take a gamble on it.
I bought an 11 wood on the Callaway pre-owned site a year or two ago.....looked like a new club.