I bought today.....

Skytot

Visit site
I treat myself to a new to me set of irons yesterday, Mizuno Pro 223, after using the MP53's for about 10 years, can't wait to see how they go.
Love Mizuno Pro range , got my eye on 225 but now the New hot metals have been released, did you try them ? Got my fitting on 9/10

Old Colner

Club Champion
Visit site
No, I didn’t get fitted, tried to get as near as I could to my MP53’s.
Not really interested in the Hot Metal range, prefer the forged.
I bought a used set, saw the new 923‘s advertised and the price’s are only going one way.
Good luck with your fitting.

Hoganman1

Visit site
I bought a steel shaft and replaced the graphite shaft in my Hogan sand wedge. The extra weight has made a huge difference in my short game. I made a $5 bet with my granddaughter that I wouldn't buy any clubs this year, but re-shafting doesn't count. However, the price cuts on some of the older model drivers might get me before January.

Larry long dog

Visit site

Larry long dog

Visit site
Serial number doesn’t mean it’s legit as they often copy one and add it to a fake club

Ok so I’ll take it into a reputable golf shop asking them to check then?

I hit it a few times yesterday and not sure it’s for me anyway lol. I’ve gone from a 58g 5.5(firm) in my 3 (19) & 4 (22) hybrid to a 75g 6.0 (stiff).

Wanted something in between the 3 and 4 to try get another wedge in the bag as only have an old 52&60. Will see how I go with it at the weekend but one thing I realised when comparing it with my current hybrids is that I’ve had them too far forward in my stance, so was typically hitting my old ones great when comparing with the new bat.

Like to think I’d get £75 back for it even if it’s a Ricki Lake.

evemccc

Visit site
I’ve got mine in 3wks at Mizuno performance centre . Excited , I’m currently using my mates 9 year old Nicholas cast offs . Got my eye on Pro225 but also I’m still interested in Takomo & Orka irons ( cheaper )
If you don’t mind me asking, if you’re going for irons only and not full-bag, is it still £500 at Bearwood?
I’ve seen the usual suspects golf YouTubers do their fittings their and it looks superb

Skytot

Visit site
If you don’t mind me asking, if you’re going for irons only and not full-bag, is it still £500 at Bearwood?
I’ve seen the usual suspects golf YouTubers do their fittings their and it looks superb
I’m not going to Bearwood , I’m going to Royal Birkdale. It’s £70 for fitting but knocked off the bill if you purchase of them . My only concern is they don’t do interest free finance . Might get my specs and order off Snainton or Scottsdale

Mike79

Visit site
Always convinced myself that I wouldn't benefit from a laser range finder as I am not that accurate, and that the Hole19 app on my watch with front/middle/back yardage along with flag colour was good enough for me. A guy last week on the Texas scramble team had one and I was amazed by the difference, particularly on some of the long & narrow greens.

...So I now have a Bushnell V5 Shift

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I’m not going to Bearwood , I’m going to Royal Birkdale. It’s £70 for fitting but knocked off the bill if you purchase of them . My only concern is they don’t do interest free finance . Might get my specs and order off Snainton or Scottsdale
Check Hotgolf for these they have a 10% voucher code.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
An iron fitting session the week after next, at Moor Park via Complete Golfer. I've had my irons five years and they were just a second-hand job, so excited to see what custom fitting has to offer me. If anything. :LOL:
Just done my iron fitting, and the winner was... Callaway Rogue ST Max. Not what I was expecting I have to say. It was the first thing he put in my hands as well, largely because I was using Callaways previously. I tried TM Stealth, Mizuno JPX, Ping G425 and none of them lived up to the Callaways. The Cobra LTDx were excellent and came very close, but the Callaways shaded it as the Cobra flight was a little low.

I was surprised to find that standard lie was the best fit for me - the toe is a little up off the ground at address, but in fact it goes the other way when I strike it, weirdly enough, which I never knew before. Standard lie gave the best results and kept the slight fade that I'm used to and happy with. It was going a good 10+ yards further than my old bat - yes the lofts are stronger which is not necessarily something I wanted, but the dispersion was good so you're not going to argue that they go too far are you? Could be a nice bonus, especially going into winter. The shafts are Elevate 95, and the ball speed was something like 7mph up on my old 7 iron.

I just bought 6 to PW so they were only 500 quid as well! Plus the 25 I already paid for the fitting so £525 all in all. Great value I would say. Full marks to Complete Golfer and David Bunker (yes) who did the fitting and was great. It's also funny to know that the clubs I've been using for the past 5 years were pretty much spot on for me as everything I've just bought here is basically the five year evolution of those same clubs.

Last edited:

Daff

Hacker
Visit site
Just managed to find a brand new TM 300 Mini Driver in 13.5 - have been looking for one for ages. Currently using an AeroBurner Mini driver but excited to get with the times and play a fairly current model

RichA

Visit site
Delivered today, a Mizuno BR-D2 bag to replace the Ping Moonlight that I reluctantly sold with my G425 irons.
I thought the Moonlight would be a hard act to follow, but this is actually better.

evemccc

Visit site
Had a wood fitting at Silvermere on Sunday - excellent facility, set-up and fitting experience.

I’m in two minds about whether to pull the trigger or not…but I thought the fitting was great…took away some snippets about my swing tendency and remedies. Whenever you get on a launch monitor with a knowledgable, personable guy you’re going to learn something ??

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
Treated myself to a new putter, an Odyssey OG 2 ball.

Yes, I had a fitting for it, tried lots of combos and this came out best. I will write a review up of the fitting I had (Precision Golf) when I have a bit more time, but it was an interesting experience and confirmed a few thoughts I had in my head. So I now have the confidence in what I need to work on to improve.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Bought some Cutter & Buck waterproof trousers - the one thing I've never actually owned before, funnily enough. While I was on there I saw some nice looking Callaway Opti-Dri trousers in blue so ordered them as well.

Golfnut1957

Visit site
I've been experimenting with a 13.5 degree Callaway Epic Flash 3 wood as a replacement for driver. It has been working quite well, mostly keeping up with my PP while keeping me in play more frequently. However, no matter how hard I try to convince myself otherwise I feel I have been giving up a bit of distance.

Today I put a Mizuno ST190g in the bag and low and behold it turns out I was kidding myself. The 3w is very very good, the driver is better....................for now!

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I've been experimenting with a 13.5 degree Callaway Epic Flash 3 wood as a replacement for driver. It has been working quite well, mostly keeping up with my PP while keeping me in play more frequently. However, no matter how hard I try to convince myself otherwise I feel I have been giving up a bit of distance.

Today I put a Mizuno ST190g in the bag and low and behold it turns out I was kidding myself. The 3w is very very good, the driver is better....................for now!
I am carrying two drivers PXG 10.5.
Ping G425 set at 12 degree .
PXG goes miles but a bit erratic.
Ping is straight as a die but spins off the chart and a lot shorter.
It’s a dilemma.