I bought today.....

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I am carrying two drivers PXG 10.5.
Ping G425 set at 12 degree .
PXG goes miles but a bit erratic.
Ping is straight as a die but spins off the chart and a lot shorter.
It’s a dilemma.
There's a feller at our club who carries two drivers all the time, similar to you - one he feels like he can get the most distance, and the other one a fairway finder.

Smoj

Visit site
Some very nice Nike 'modern fit' golf trousers + a reversible Nike golf beanie hat & a pair of Adidas climaproof trousers, pretty huge sizing but I guess you wear something under them, or something. :unsure:

Smoj

Visit site
Scored my personal best yesterday and putted amazingly (for a change) so I decided do undo all that magic, and to celebrate I bought a new putter - Odyssey Metal-X 2 Ball (to be fair my current putter Cleveland Classic 1.5 is very light even with 6 lead tape strips on it)
Also havent been hitting my 3 wood any good lately so I thought I'd make it even harder and bought a Titleist 913fd 3 wood

Fromtherough

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Spurk fairway mat after reading testimonials on here. Looks a quality bit of kit and looking forward to moving to using mats after the amount of shots I hit fat today.

Hacky

Visit site
Footjoy Hydroknit are on sale at Snainton at the moment (a saving of £65 over RRP) and after getting caught in a torrential downpour walking up the 18th yesterday I decided it was time to bag some waterproof trousers.

Teebs

Visit site
Be interested to know the process for a Mizuno fitting. Got a 2014 set of JPX 850 Forged and debating whether a change would be worth it (more for the right shaft and lie angle than technology gains)..

Skytot

Visit site
Be interested to know the process for a Mizuno fitting. Got a 2014 set of JPX 850 Forged and debating whether a change would be worth it (more for the right shaft and lie angle than technology gains)..
My fitting with Nick at Birkdale was superb . I’m not sure when the Mizuno shaft Optimizer came out , did you use it I. 2014 ? Anyway he had me hitting warm up balls with my 7 iron then you hit 3 balls with the Optimizer . This then Bluetooth information to the fitter iPad . The information it gives is . Headspeed Tempo. Toe down. Kick Angle . Release Factor..
You are best googling what all these terms relate too..
The optimizer narrow downs the shafts that are suited to you to 3 . The fitter then has you trying club heads with the recommended shafts . I tried Mizuno, Cobra , Stealth, Callaway ….
Tried them all in the studio and then best of all which other fitting establishments don’t do is trying the irons out on the grass driving range . Mizuno JPX 923 Hot metal just stood out a mile on the range . The rest of the fitting was using a Lie board ( he had my clubs +2 ) and then it just a case of picking type of grips ( I went for CP2 wrap round with 1 layer of tape. Nick as ordered the irons and said it will be in the region of 2 weeks which is today , but because I live in Stockport and Birkdale is 1hr 20mins away Birkdale are going to receive them and then post on to myself to save me driving at no extra cost . Great service .Took 2hrs and costs £75 but this is knocked off if you purchase irons off them

Teebs

Visit site
My fitting with Nick at Birkdale was superb . I’m not sure when the Mizuno shaft Optimizer came out , did you use it I. 2014 ? Anyway he had me hitting warm up balls with my 7 iron then you hit 3 balls with the Optimizer . This then Bluetooth information to the fitter iPad . The information it gives is . Headspeed Tempo. Toe down. Kick Angle . Release Factor..
You are best googling what all these terms relate too..
The optimizer narrow downs the shafts that are suited to you to 3 . The fitter then has you trying club heads with the recommended shafts . I tried Mizuno, Cobra , Stealth, Callaway ….
Tried them all in the studio and then best of all which other fitting establishments don’t do is trying the irons out on the grass driving range . Mizuno JPX 923 Hot metal just stood out a mile on the range . The rest of the fitting was using a Lie board ( he had my clubs +2 ) and then it just a case of picking type of grips ( I went for CP2 wrap round with 1 layer of tape. Nick as ordered the irons and said it will be in the region of 2 weeks which is today , but because I live in Stockport and Birkdale is 1hr 20mins away Birkdale are going to receive them and then post on to myself to save me driving at no extra cost . Great service .Took 2hrs and costs £75 but this is knocked off if you purchase irons off them

That's really helpful, thanks for taking the time! The big part for me is understanding the turf interaction so hitting off grass is a must for me.

Thinking of a blended set so will ideally use a proper Mizuno centre so I can get the lofts correct..