I bought today.....

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Thanks to an AG voucher left over from Christmas, a pair of Stromberg shorts, really very good, and some Homma D1 balls from last year that were discounted at the till ?

SimonC

Head Pro
Visit site
I had a fitting at Tour Issue Golf and ended up ordering a set of Mizuno Pro 223 irons with KBS Tour C Taper Lite 115 extra stiff shafts. I had better dispersion, a lot more ball speed and a lower more piercing ball flight which is exactly what I was hoping for.
My current irons just don't suit the way I swing/deliver the club. Steve (the fitter) said I can play with my current irons but they aren't anywhere near optimal for me, serves me right for buying a second hand set off eBay. My numbers with the Mizuno's are now bang on the Trackman optimiser. My 7iron smash factor went from 1.34 to 1.41 and my launch came down from 20 to 16 degrees.
The good news was my driver is already spot on for me and there was no gain to be made there which is good being as I kind of fit myself into that.

Jason.H

Visit site
I had a fitting at Tour Issue Golf and ended up ordering a set of Mizuno Pro 223 irons with KBS Tour C Taper Lite 115 extra stiff shafts. I had better dispersion, a lot more ball speed and a lower more piercing ball flight which is exactly what I was hoping for.
My current irons just don't suit the way I swing/deliver the club. Steve (the fitter) said I can play with my current irons but they aren't anywhere near optimal for me, serves me right for buying a second hand set off eBay. My numbers with the Mizuno's are now bang on the Trackman optimiser. My 7iron smash factor went from 1.34 to 1.41 and my launch came down from 20 to 16 degrees.
The good news was my driver is already spot on for me and there was no gain to be made there which is good being as I kind of fit myself into that.

Hi did you try the 221/225? Looking to maybe get fitted myself. The 223 gets great reviews. Do they give you an idea
of delivery date?

SimonC

Head Pro
Visit site
Hi did you try the 221/225? Looking to maybe get fitted myself. The 223 gets great reviews. Do they give you an idea
of delivery date?

No I didn't the 225's aren't really suitable for my game I don't really like hollow bodied irons as I don't need the jacked lofts and extra speed. The 221's look incredible but I wouldn't feel comfortable having them in the longer irons.

I did try the Titleist T100 and T100S, I could have quite easily bought the T100 irons instead but I've played Mizuno's in the past and preferred the feel of them so I decided on 223's.

I'm not sure how long they will take but the fitter said he already has a couple of sets of heads on order and he builds all the irons himself so I don't think the lead time will be all that long. He also said once they come in and he's built them I can go back and he will do a full gapping with loft and lie adjustments of required.

SimonC

Head Pro
Visit site
Resisting a cobra LTD head only that has been offered cheap.

On the plus side the new 3i is fun.

Resistance is futile! Buy it and sell your current head. From what I've heard from people who fit clubs the LTD is a decent upgrade from the previous offerings from Cobra. I had a Radspeed for a short while but couldn't get on with it.I tried the LTD and it was comparable to my Stealth.

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Resistance is futile! Buy it and sell your current head. From what I've heard from people who fit clubs the LTD is a decent upgrade from the previous offerings from Cobra. I had a Radspeed for a short while but couldn't get on with it.I tried the LTD and it was comparable to my Stealth.

I’ve got the speed zone and the difference compared to the f8 was massive! Looks like I took to long and missed the LTD anyway…. Thank god!

tugglesf239

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
PXG gen 4 driver.

I own the gen 2 and it’s an absolute belting club.

Picked this as an online custom fit from golf support.

9 degree 0811X with a stiff 70 gram HZRDUS smoke blue ADX shaft and midsize grip.

Absolute steal at 250 sheets. utter bargain.

Lump

Tour Winner
Visit site
No I didn't the 225's aren't really suitable for my game I don't really like hollow bodied irons as I don't need the jacked lofts and extra speed. The 221's look incredible but I wouldn't feel comfortable having them in the longer irons.

I did try the Titleist T100 and T100S, I could have quite easily bought the T100 irons instead but I've played Mizuno's in the past and preferred the feel of them so I decided on 223's.

I'm not sure how long they will take but the fitter said he already has a couple of sets of heads on order and he builds all the irons himself so I don't think the lead time will be all that long. He also said once they come in and he's built them I can go back and he will do a full gapping with loft and lie adjustments of required.
Head won’t be an issue. KBS shafts are a absolute nightmare to get hold of atm, especially C-Taper of any type.
My club builder had to pull in a favour and get a set from a Tour truck.
Loving my 221 / 223 set, we had to bend the 221’s a little to gap up to the 223’s as they are so hot.
Final buy for the season done yesterday.
SM9’s ordered. 48, 54 & 60. Little bit of bending required when they arrive and they’ll be perfect

SimonC

Head Pro
Visit site
Head won’t be an issue. KBS shafts are a absolute nightmare to get hold of atm, especially C-Taper of any type.
My club builder had to pull in a favour and get a set from a Tour truck.
Loving my 221 / 223 set, we had to bend the 221’s a little to gap up to the 223’s as they are so hot.
Final buy for the season done yesterday.
SM9’s ordered. 48, 54 & 60. Little bit of bending required when they arrive and they’ll be perfect

I think he already has the shafts in stock which is good, well at least I'm hoping he has them in stock as he didn't say they would be an issue to get hold of. The 223's were a lot hotter than my P7MC's, I couldn't believe the difference in ball speed and there's only 2 degrees difference in loft between them.

Nice I won a brand new SM9 58 degree on ebay for £96 the other day and that arrived yesterday.

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
Yesterday, with the ebay auction ending in the closing minutes of the footy games, no other bidders...

woods.jpg Zing.jpg

Set of Lynx woods and a Ping Zing driver with graphite shaft. Total £14.99 inc postage. £3 per club ain't bad, eh?

Springveldt

Visit site
Was looking for an open to play on the bank holiday next week... there wasn't any really

but did see Dunstanburgh were still doing the £28 summer food deal so snapped that up
bacon roll... round of golf and pizza/burger and chips after what a bank holiday bargain
Cracking deal. Jealous the missus has me booked out for that Thursday and Friday or else I'd have been badgering some of the lads for a game there.

Springveldt

Visit site
An Epic Max 3 wood from eBay for £100. Has rust on the face and a sky mark but still seems like a decent deal for a club that was only released 15 months ago. I should be able to clean the rust off (common problem after some googling, was worried it was a fake) and sky marks don't bother me, especially since it's out at the toe.

Just need to try something a bit more forgiving as I've lost confidence with my Rogue SubZero 3 wood, haven't even taken it out the bag in the last 5 rounds.
Club arrived on Friday and I'm actually happy with the condition. The sky mark isn't that bad, I just ran a black sharpie over it and it's barely noticeable now and the rust on the face doesn't look anywhere near as bad in person compared to the photo's.

I've still not hit it yet though. I put it in the bag for Saturday and when I put it down by the ball the face looked so closed that I thought to myself "I can't hit this, it's going miles left". So I need to get to a range or practice area and hit a few balls just to be sure.