I bought today.....

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
2 boxes of Honma TW-S golf balls, a pair of Stromberg Trousers and a Greg Norman Polo from Online golf.
Unfortunately, OG delivered a Stuburt top in Small rather than the Greg Norman top in XL. I'm awaiting their feedback.

HeftyHacker

Visit site
An Epic Flash headcover for my 3 wood so it matches the driver and hybrids.

100 pro v1s for £50. Bought them for a mate who's going to Portugal next week but I opened the bag and they're absolute minters. Going to have to pick some up for myself now the corporate golf day season has started and the pickings are clearly rich at the Lytham Courses.

HeftyHacker

Visit site
My partners mum knows a bloke who lives in St Annes and collects the balls from the big three courses round there (Royal Lytham, SAOL and Fairhaven). He's just an old fella who does it as a bit of a supplementary income i guess.

Over winter the balls do drop off in quality somewhat but in Spring/Summer he's collecting balls that have just been given out on Corporate golf days and immediately sprayed into the rough by the once a year golfers so they're in great nick.

He could easily sell them for much more on FB or eBay but i guess its more hassle than its worth for him.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
what a great contact to have! im still a buying lakeballs....... im surprised there isnt a thread about them!
One occasionally starts but it usually gets bogged down with too many people stating how awful they are, how we should be buying new etc. I'm with you, I also buy lake balls and I also wish I knew that wonderful person :LOL:

Yorkhacker

Visit site
Some Wilson Triad balls. I'm desperate to break the 80 barrier, so I'm just the sort of person they're aimed at. Borrowed a sleeve from a mate already and really like the feel. Plus I've gone 36 holes without losing one, which is unusual for me, and the ball is yet to scuff up.

Newnsy

Visit site
One occasionally starts but it usually gets bogged down with too many people stating how awful they are, how we should be buying new etc. I'm with you, I also buy lake balls and I also wish I knew that wonderful person :LOL:

I think people expect to be getting brand new balls from any of the lake ball site, my opinion is why would i hit a £4 ball into the trees on a casual round with my mates when i can hit a £1.50 ball into the same trees :).

I still hit a £4 ball into the trees for Comps though, like it makes any difference :)

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I think people expect to be getting brand new balls from any of the lake ball site, my opinion is why would i hit a £4 ball into the trees on a casual round with my mates when i can hit a £1.50 ball into the same trees :).

I still hit a £4 ball into the trees for Comps though, like it makes any difference :)
£1.50 :oops:. You mad crazy fool. Buy lake balls in winter, 50-60p a pop. Then you really don't care when it goes in the trees :LOL:.

I have a selection of new balls in the bottom of my bag that get picked out and then returned as I don't want to lose expensive balls. I need therapy for this, it is ridiculous.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
£1.50 :oops:. You mad crazy fool. Buy lake balls in winter, 50-60p a pop. Then you really don't care when it goes in the trees:LOL:.

I have a selection of new balls in the bottom of my bag that get picked out and then returned as I don't want to lose expensive balls. I need therapy for this, it is ridiculous.
Surely that backfires, with an expensive ball you look for it for your full 3 minutes, might save you a few shots. :LOL:

Old Colner

Club Champion
Visit site
£1.50 :oops:. You mad crazy fool. Buy lake balls in winter, 50-60p a pop. Then you really don't care when it goes in the trees :LOL:.

SSShhhh!!! don't let the cat out of the bag, we don't want everybody to know that the second hand balls are much cheaper in the winter.

Without derailing the thread, on your second point, I lost a brand new 1 hitter on the 1st tee Saturday, went in the tree in the middle of the fairway and never came down.

Springveldt

Visit site
An Epic Max 3 wood from eBay for £100. Has rust on the face and a sky mark but still seems like a decent deal for a club that was only released 15 months ago. I should be able to clean the rust off (common problem after some googling, was worried it was a fake) and sky marks don't bother me, especially since it's out at the toe.

Just need to try something a bit more forgiving as I've lost confidence with my Rogue SubZero 3 wood, haven't even taken it out the bag in the last 5 rounds.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
An Epic Max 3 wood from eBay for £100. Has rust on the face and a sky mark but still seems like a decent deal for a club that was only released 15 months ago. I should be able to clean the rust off (common problem after some googling, was worried it was a fake) and sky marks don't bother me, especially since it's out at the toe.

Just need to try something a bit more forgiving as I've lost confidence with my Rogue SubZero 3 wood, haven't even taken it out the bag in the last 5 rounds.
You have to love it when people don't take care when they post clubs on ebay. Instant bargain for something that is, hopefully, fairly simple to resolve. If it doesn't work for you, and with a bit of tlc, you will easily get your money back on it.

Springveldt

Visit site
You have to love it when people don't take care when they post clubs on ebay. Instant bargain for something that is, hopefully, fairly simple to resolve. If it doesn't work for you, and with a bit of tlc, you will easily get your money back on it.
That was my thought, might lose postage costs if it doesn't work out. Can probably sell my Rogue SubZero for not far off that price as well, so it was worth the chance.