I bought today.....

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
A Yonex Ezone Elite ladies driver, off eBay for 70 quid. Christmas present for the wife! Seems pretty good value since it only came out about 4 years ago, but you don't pay for the name with Yonex.

Bazzatron

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I have my eye on one of those. Interesting to hear what you think of it.

Very good so far. Have tried it with Disney plus, Netflix and Prime, the 4k content is stunning. The HD stuff hasn't blown me away but I think I need to tinker with the settings.

Played a bit of ps5 yesterday but was only outputting to 1080p instead of 2160 and it still looked amazing. A bit of googling and apparently there's been a known issue for a while where there was a software issue but actually had an update for that this morning which has fixed it, and the PS5 looks even better.

Will watch a few more 4k shows later and report back, my only annoyance is that Virgin don't offer Sky Sports in 4k at the moment, would've liked to see how the TV coped with fast moving sport.

Jimaroid

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Very good so far. Have tried it with Disney plus, Netflix and Prime, the 4k content is stunning. The HD stuff hasn't blown me away but I think I need to tinker with the settings.

My general tip for these LGs is to keep the picture settings on Game Mode even when watching films and sport. Game Mode is generally the highest refresh and closest to source colour correct settings without any of the motion smoothing or colour grading interfering with the source image.

If it's your first HDR display, hunt out some films using Dolby Vision as they look utterly fantastic. Mad Max Fury Road is a particular favourite of mine and any recent Pixar films present beautifully. A Perfect Planet on iPlayer is a stunning example of their hybrid log gamma. You become conditioned to it all after a while but it really is impressive at first and once seen it makes you constantly disappointed with how poor SDR and TV looks when you switch back.

5OTT

Visit site
After months of dawdling i finally plumped for a second hand set of Srixon Z765 irons, quite a change from my old Ping G25's.

A little worried that I have never even hit a Srixon iron before but really suckered by the looks of them.

timd77

Assistant Pro
Visit site
After months of dawdling i finally plumped for a second hand set of Srixon Z765 irons, quite a change from my old Ping G25's.

A little worried that I have never even hit a Srixon iron before but really suckered by the looks of them.

See my previous posts on this. I’ve gone from Taylormade m2 irons, similar to yours I guess, to the srixon z745. Beautiful looking things aren’t they. I’ve now played well for 4 rounds with them and so have now taken the plunge and sold the Taylormade… all downhill from here!

Good luck with them ??

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site

Voyager EMH

Visit site
Just checked and it is one bidder with two bids. So he/she has already set up auto bidding to a higher unknown-to-us price. Best to avoid being sucked-in, I agree. Lovely headcovers though.

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
The old 2 bids can be a physiological trick to deter other bidders, makes the item look popular, the trick is working here too! ;)

I ignore the number of bids and just stick in my maximum with seconds to go, you'll often see that the 2 bids were almost identical.

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Ah thanks, that's a decent find, but there's already two bids so I can see the final price going up a bit and don't fancy a bidding war, haha. Yonex do seem to be good value as they're not hugely popular over here.

Dont buy anything yet - I might have a solution for you at home...

My wife inhertied her nans old ping irons - but theyre too short for her as shes 5 10" so shes now using my old steel irons. If shes comfortable selling them - theyre in great nick! Ill drop you some photos over the weekend on whatsapp if I remember

Boomy

Visit site
Some shiny new wedges :D TaylorMade Milled Grind 2 - 50deg (9 bounce) 54deg (8 bounce) and 58deg (8 bounce) :geek: Pick them up on Monday from my local golf shop as they're being fettled to my spec :cool:

Backsticks

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Invested in a game-improvement Callaway shirt yesterday on good reduction in the black Friday sales.

First time I have really gone for this sort of technology, and looking forward to the gains it will bring to my game even if I am going to have to wait until next year to get maximum benefit from it. Given that it brings improvement across all shots rather than just the 10 or so times a round you probably get from a given club upgrade, I am hoping for a 6-8 shot improvement in my handicap next year. It really is packed with tech, even if apart from size, there is no dial-in adjustability to it. Nevertheless, when they can cram V-Cooling, Opti-Dri, Stretch and Swing Tech, into one garment, I think that is more than enough to handle in one game transforming change. Was tempted by the trousers too, but decided to wait to pull the trigger on those until the above improvement has bedded in and need something extra to keep the downward momentum going. It might have been just too much in one jump.

Currently 12.3, I will report back next June from Category 1 to update.

Deep red which is my colour as well, so its a winner all round.

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Invested in a game-improvement Callaway shirt yesterday on good reduction in the black Friday sales.

First time I have really gone for this sort of technology, and looking forward to the gains it will bring to my game even if I am going to have to wait until next year to get maximum benefit from it. Given that it brings improvement across all shots rather than just the 10 or so times a round you probably get from a given club upgrade, I am hoping for a 6-8 shot improvement in my handicap next year. It really is packed with tech, even if apart from size, there is no dial-in adjustability to it. Nevertheless, when they can cram V-Cooling, Opti-Dri, Stretch and Swing Tech, into one garment, I think that is more than enough to handle in one game transforming change. Was tempted by the trousers too, but decided to wait to pull the trigger on those until the above improvement has bedded in and need something extra to keep the downward momentum going. It might have been just too much in one jump.

Currently 12.3, I will report back next June from Category 1 to update.

Deep red which is my colour as well, so its a winner all round.
I wish you luck , was there one with opti fit technology?

peld

Visit site
druids sale was a let down. by the time i went through and made my basket, then went to pay, half the items had sold out, leaving me with the stuff i didnt really care about

Voyager EMH

Visit site
I set myself a really difficult question. "What's the best ball to lose in the leaves 2 yards off the fairway?"
So yesterday I bought 2 doz of these for £12 a dozen in the Sports Direct shop.

RBZ Speed.jpg

Now then, what's the betting that I don't manage to lose a single one next time out?

HeftyHacker

Visit site
A polo and sleeveless midlayer from druids golf.
Some under armour trousers.
2 pairs of levi xx chinos which have a decent amount of stretch in them so may see some time on the course at some point.

Should probably start my Christmas shopping whilst I'm at it...