I bought today.....

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
i have always hated wearing waterproofs always felt restricted even tried shortsleeve 1/4 zip and still hated playing in them. the hydroknit is just like wearing a midlayer

I won one at a corporate day a few weeks ago (it’s got London Golf Club emblem on it) which was nice as I was looking at spending my own money on one.
Not had a chance to wear it yet but glad the reviews are good

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Just purchased a cheap lined knitted jumper, a red polo and some fara cacks..
I managed to snag my trousers on the gorse so they needed replacement, polo shirt ruined with grease or tomato sauce ( I cook) and the lines jumper to replace the Mizuno fleece I put through the dryer and may have written off ☹️?‍♂️

Golfnut1957

Visit site
I didn't buy today, I bought on Sunday and received yesterday a set of Taylormade P770, 4 - PW. I did take them out today for 9 holes, which turned into 11 and could have been many more if I'd had the time.

I'm in love! These things look perfect, the PW actually looks smaller than the Miura 501 cb PW that it is replacing. Blade like looks, shiny in just the right places and the lofts are modest. The PW is 46 degrees which compares favourably with the 47 degree Miura PW.

Only 11 holes, but early indication is that they go like stink, distances that you might expect from the fugliest SG club. I just hope that I don't end up with gaping issues.

I did buy today a Mkids Junior stand bag for my grandaughter. When she receives it she will be even more happy than I am today.

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Got bored and fancied scratching that vintage itch, 12 hours later I’ve committed to:

Harold Bird & Sons Aldridge pin seeker range irons in 2-sw, matching 1-3-5 wood, bronty rustler putter…

…. Then a little more sourcing -
Matching vintage blue white leather pin seeker bag.

…. Then a little more sourcing - mint matching tour head covers to protect the mint lumps of timber.

Decided to commit fully and they will be off to the range Saturday before Sundays match!

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Got bored and fancied scratching that vintage itch, 12 hours later I’ve committed to:

Harold Bird & Sons Aldridge pin seeker range irons in 2-sw, matching 1-3-5 wood, bronty rustler putter…

…. Then a little more sourcing -
Matching vintage blue white leather pin seeker bag.

…. Then a little more sourcing - mint matching tour head covers to protect the mint lumps of timber.

Decided to commit fully and they will be off to the range Saturday before Sundays match!

Top man!

The Bronty Rustler is a classic putter, but my favourite of theirs is the Bandito, is has a Mexican hat shaped cavity in the sole. :)

HeftyHacker

Visit site
N+1 arrives today.

Back up to 4 bicycles. It’s a curse.

I've got three in the shed, 2 of which I need to get rid of and replace with a more sensible bike. Not much call for a downhill bike on the flatlands of the fylde coast and I've not ridden it since a trip to Morzine in 2019!

I can feel the same sort of thing happening with my golf though. Bought some old (to me) blades and now looking at Woods from a similar era as well.

Fromtherough

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Galvin Green waterproof jacket and trousers.
Hopefully a decent purchase for Highland weather.
Which one did you opt for and did you get any discount for buying the set? I’m currently on the lookout, don’t mind paying for quality - but some of the jackets are eye watering. Possibly doubled in price over the past 5-6 years.

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
Which one did you opt for and did you get any discount for buying the set? I’m currently on the lookout, don’t mind paying for quality - but some of the jackets are eye watering. Possibly doubled in price over the past 5-6 years.

August is the name, last years model I believe.
Id go a size up, I’m normally a large on top and a 34 x 34 in trousers and the XL is a perfect fit over your normal clothing.