I bought today.....

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I saw those last week, there seems to be a lot of sellers peddling these cheap UA shirts at the minute. Wonder what the quality is like.
Mine has just arrived, and the quality feels pretty good. The sizing is fine, and is that nice smooth, slightly stretchy material just like the other UA polo I own. Maybe at worst there's a couple of rogue stitches / loose threads here and there, but I've had that with plenty of clothes tbh. I'm actually playing in an hour or so so I'll wear it then probably and see, but it seems pretty nice on first impression. The labels and packaging looked fairly legit, but I guess we'll see if the design all scrubs off after a couple of washes. :LOL:

This was the listing I bought. (in blue)

Mandofred

Visit site
Bought 50+54 Cleveland CBX2 wedges a month or so ago....really like them. Kept my Ping 60 in the bag....but I think I might just buy the CBX2 58 to replace it with. Also thinking about taking up the guitar and buying a Gretsch electric (just sold an octave mandolin). If anybody has a comment on Gretsch I'd appreciate it. I have small hands and the Gretsch seems like it would work just fine have a smaller scale.

hairball_89

Club Champion
Visit site
Bought 50+54 Cleveland CBX2 wedges a month or so ago....really like them. Kept my Ping 60 in the bag....but I think I might just buy the CBX2 58 to replace it with. Also thinking about taking up the guitar and buying a Gretsch electric (just sold an octave mandolin). If anybody has a comment on Gretsch I'd appreciate it. I have small hands and the Gretsch seems like it would work just fine have a smaller scale.

What wedges did the CBX2s replace? I'm thinking of ditching my 50/56/60 blades for a 52/58 CBX2 set. Very very tempted!

Re the gretsch, depends on the model. but overall, I'd say they're all 'middle of the road' - not vintage les Paul "baseball bat" and not 80s shredder narrow. There's a thread here discussing them. As always with guitars - try before you buy wherever possible!

Mandofred

Visit site
What wedges did the CBX2s replace? I'm thinking of ditching my 50/56/60 blades for a 52/58 CBX2 set. Very very tempted!

Re the gretsch, depends on the model. but overall, I'd say they're all 'middle of the road' - not vintage les Paul "baseball bat" and not 80s shredder narrow. There's a thread here discussing them. As always with guitars - try before you buy wherever possible!
The CBX2 replaced Ping wedges. I get more distance out of the CBX....still consistant, just a bit further. Being an old fart......I don't want to lose what little distance I have.

As a beginner guitar player (as in.....I don't know how)....the Gretsch guitars seem to be that middle of the road I'm looking for. Not too big....not too small.....just right. I can try them.....but it's a war of ignorance.....

TFC1

Visit site
Finally arrived after 5 weeks! Cant wait to use them...

I can report after two rounds I am in love with these!

Coming from off the shelf Taylormade M2 irons the feel is unbelievable and the shaft has definitely helped turn my average 7 iron 20 ft fade into a 10 foot baby fade and it feels much more consistent.

Oh and they look fantastic!

Edit... (JPX 921 Forged as per my original post)

HeftyHacker

Visit site
I can report after two rounds I am in love with these!

Coming from off the shelf Taylormade M2 irons the feel is unbelievable and the shaft has definitely helped turn my average 7 iron 20 ft fade into a 10 foot baby fade and it feels much more consistent.

Oh and they look fantastic!

Edit... (JPX 921 Forged as per my original post)

Great clubs, I absolutely love mine and feel they've made me a much better ball striker. The feeling when you flush one is amazing, so you spend the time chasing that feeling!

APD Golfer

Visit site
Had a bit of a spending spree over the last week.
What is coming;
5 - PW Callaway Apex DCBs
48 & 56 Mack Daddy CB Wedges
Callaway Org 14 Cart bag

Now the waiting game can begin.

sunshine

Visit site
200 wooden white tees today to go with the red sharpie I bought last week. Anyone would think I've won the lottery.

Thanks. I never have to buy tees thanks to people like you leaving them lying around. Make sure you buy some Pro V1s too, my stock is getting low. I like a nice red line drawn over the alignment arrows (y);)

sunshine

Visit site
First time trying BOA’s - they seem comfortable so far. Hoping they keep tension well, I’m sick of having to re-tie shoe laces throughout the round ?

What other shoes use BOA fitting system? For sport or recreation. I've never seen trainers or football boots for example with BOA.

To me it just sounds like another reason to charge golfers more money. We love to be parted from our cash and the marketing companies do know this :LOL:

Jimaroid

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Cycling shoes use BOA a lot. I hate them, don’t suit my odd sized feet at all.
Anyway buying things, I’ve just ordered my daughters fifth bike for her upcoming birthday. Growing so fast but am relieved I got lucky with a stock alert.

Boomy

Visit site
What other shoes use BOA fitting system? For sport or recreation. I've never seen trainers or football boots for example with BOA.

To me it just sounds like another reason to charge golfers more money. We love to be parted from our cash and the marketing companies do know this :LOL:

Cycling shoes have BOA systems, I know some running and fashion trainers have used a BOA system (Salomon certainly do on there trail trainers as I’ve owned a few)

You are correct, brands do market gimmicky things really well.. however, they are superb, much better fit for me than my other laced shoes and they stay on securely - very impressed thus far.

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site

Some top range snowboarding boots had BOA I'm gonna say 20 years ago. Never tried them personally but the usage seemed a good match. Probably more than golf, but I will likely try them sometime to see.

chimpo1

Assistant Pro
Visit site
My last 2 pairs of shoes have BOA laces. I can honestly say I will never wear laced up golf shoes again. They are so comfy and well fitting.

sunshine

Visit site
Cycling shoes have BOA systems, I know some running and fashion trainers have used a BOA system (Salomon certainly do on there trail trainers as I’ve owned a few)

You are correct, brands do market gimmicky things really well.. however, they are superb, much better fit for me than my other laced shoes and they stay on securely - very impressed thus far.

Is that because cyclists are pretty much like golfers and are also a sucker for new equipment? :LOL:

I've got nothing against BOA, I'm sure it works really well and is marginally quicker than shoe laces. But I've seen my mate adjusting his BOA Footjoy's from time to time so the tightening mechanism must slip, in the same the way shoelaces do.

Just reminds me of the apocryphal story about the Americans spending millions of dollars to develop a pen that worked in space, whilst the Russians just used a pencil.

Jimaroid

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
It’s because laces flap around when pedalling and get tangled up in chains and whatnot. Boa are functional and a safety advantage.

Ski bindings use them because you can tighten them with gloves on. Again functional.

They’re pretty good but I still don’t like them.