I bought today.....

GolfingPastor

Visit site
Garmin G80 GPS & Launch monitor.
Looking forward to a few range sessions with the launch monitor before shouting fooooore repeatedly throughout April when I get back on the course ?

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Finally found a brand that do undersize golf grips with no logo...ping .. perfect

I got two golf prides ready to have gripped on my new 3 wood and driver but I want to make sure I'm 100% on the loft first so picked up these and fitted them

Did 3 wood first . Went ok, it's about 1cm from the end inside but it's fine so can play around

Driver I knew what I was doing more so boom on it went

Tape was hardest bit to get off. Need a heat gun

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Finally found a brand that do undersize golf grips with no logo...ping .. perfect

I got two golf prides ready to have gripped on my new 3 wood and driver but I want to make sure I'm 100% on the loft first so picked up these and fitted them

Did 3 wood first . Went ok, it's about 1cm from the end inside but it's fine so can play around

Driver I knew what I was doing more so boom on it went

Tape was hardest bit to get off. Need a heat gun
Hair dryer.

MarkT

GM Forum Editor
Visit site
These have been sitting in various baskets over the past lockdown and finally went for it. Do wonder if I'm trying a bit hard to be Nick Dougherty but they're ridiculously comfy

Attachments

• Adidas.jpg
    Adidas.jpg
    555.8 KB · Views: 40

Curls

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Pair of Footjoy Flex. I loved my Pro SLs but as much as they were good on the course I didn’t enjoy driving in them. Something about the little rubber spikes against the peddles. Completely my issue I’m sure, but my hope is that I drive to the club on March 29 and walk straight out in these. That’d be cool.

Still going proper spikes on comp day though ?

davidy233

Tour Rookie
www.davidyoungphoto.co.uk
I did the same swap, was very happy.
Not sure yet - had one try of it for a few holes last night, hit it Ok but I think I prefer the shaft in the SLDR, going to try that shaft with the SIM Max head and see how it goes, I'm optimistic - when I get the chance to depends on whether i get any after effects from my Covid vaccine jab I had today, hopefully not and I can give it a spin on Saturday.

azazel

Assistant Pro
Visit site
These have been sitting in various baskets over the past lockdown and finally went for it. Do wonder if I'm trying a bit hard to be Nick Dougherty but they're ridiculously comfy
I got a pair of those at Christmas and looking forward to trying them out - Scottish winter isn't really the right time.

MarkT

GM Forum Editor
Visit site
I got a pair of those at Christmas and looking forward to trying them out - Scottish winter isn't really the right time.

They're alright aren't they, bit of a clog-like look to them but very bouncy and definitely the best golf shoes for not looking like golf shoes

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
But what use is a pair of shoes you can only wear for three weeks of the year?
I was at a Footjoy focus group event a few years ago. One of the pairs of shoes they showed had the upper as a non waterproof stretchy textile material. It looked really comfy, no rubbing but all of us around the table looked at each other and asked the same question you just did. The Footjoy guy looked a bit sheepish and suggested they were more aimed at golfers playing in Spain, Portugal, USA and the like.

I think they were eventually released as the Flex shoe, we saw prototypes. I like the look of them but not sure they would be much use to me up here, or many places in the UK.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I was at a Footjoy focus group event a few years ago. One of the pairs of shoes they showed had the upper as a non waterproof stretchy textile material. It looked really comfy, no rubbing but all of us around the table looked at each other and asked the same question you just did. The Footjoy guy looked a bit sheepish and suggested they were more aimed at golfers playing in Spain, Portugal, USA and the like.

I think they were eventually released as the Flex shoe, we saw prototypes. I like the look of them but not sure they would be much use to me up here, or many places in the UK.
Haha, I was just kidding obviously. I do have non-waterproof trainer style shoes for the summer myself, but I always check the weather to make sure we're talking <5% chance of rain right before I head out. ? Usually there's a heat wave at some point where you know you can wear them for a solid month.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Haha, I was just kidding obviously. I do have non-waterproof trainer style shoes for the summer myself, but I always check the weather to make sure we're talking <5% chance of rain right before I head out. ? Usually there's a heat wave at some point where you know you can wear them for a solid month.

Provided you don't play before the dew evaporates.
I have a few pairs of non waterproof shoes for a summer knock after work, or after the last year, for a furloughed aftermoon.