I bought today.....

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
some bib shorts and longs from Aldi, they are not bad TBH, a fraction of the price of any of the other cycling gear i've seen on the web. wore the 3/4 longs tonight and was impressed how conf they were. £10 for each

IainP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
Well not today, but they had a first outing today. I was thinking about some spiked shoes for the soggy seasons but I'm someone who needs try shoes on generally. AG didn't have any shoes in my size, so headed over to Decathlon on the off chance they might do but there was a queue, so popped into SD next door and ended up trying some Slazenger V300 ?.
Obviously not a fashionable brand, but they seemed to fit well which is most important to me and only 40 notes. ?

D

Deleted member 16999

Any recommendations for winter golf trousers ??
Posted this link in the “Bargains Thread“ last week:
https://www.chums.co.uk/menswear/trousers

I ordered 2 Pair, 1 fleece lined water resistant pair and 1 pair of fleece lined Chino’s, costing £25.00 each.
Arrived yesterday, really pleased with the quality and fit, 32W - 29Leg, will be wearing the Chino’s tomorrow as forecast is cold.

timd77

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Posted this link in the “Bargains Thread“ last week:
https://www.chums.co.uk/menswear/trousers

I ordered 2 Pair, 1 fleece lined water resistant pair and 1 pair of fleece lined Chino’s, costing £25.00 each.
Arrived yesterday, really pleased with the quality and fit, 32W - 29Leg, will be wearing the Chino’s tomorrow as forecast is cold.

What’s the fit like with the water resistant pair? I did look at them but didn’t take the plunge as I prefer a straight leg.

D

Deleted member 16999

What’s the fit like with the water resistant pair? I did look at them but didn’t take the plunge as I prefer a straight leg.
Really happy with the fit, obviously feel a bit heavier due to the lining, but don’t see it being an issue.

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Aldila NVH ultra lite green 55g shaft with G400 tip.
I liked the nvh in my ping g15 and 20, currently the altas cb regular isn’t really transferring everything to the ball, I get a sort of a back kick at the grip when I really chase after it. The club speed increases but the ball speed doesn’t increase significantly, as the smash factor goes down. If I don’t chase it the shaft is okay, probably suitable for winter golf, but this is about getting ready for the summer.

Curls

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I have been looking at these online , so could be a good option ,bought two,pairs of Glenmuir lined trousers , a while back, online , big mistake total rubbish , hence the need for recommendations?

I’m with @Dando theyre not lined but they keep the wind and rain out really well. Paired with a thermal layer underneath I only feel the need to put on waterproof trousers if it’s hammering it down. Short shower or constant light rain and they’ll do the job.

At the club I used one of those stupid taps that splash the water all down your front and was worried I’d look like I’d wet myself. The water just ran off. Great quality. I was so impressed I wet myself.

huds1475

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
7mm. It was like a hot knife through butter.
Ooooo. Lovely.

Have you got one of these...

HTB1nYENXifrK1RjSspbq6A4pFXaX.jpg

Can get them in gold too, but they're a bit showy for my liking

D

Deleted member 16999

Wore them today, got to say I thought they were excellent, quite blustery on the course and only 11 degrees, genuinely feel these are a bargain for £25.00, paid a lot more for both Nike and Under Armour in the past and these are better imo.