I bought today.....

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
The investors that own AG now own Rife too, along with Fazer, Stromberg, Ellesse and Stubert.
I did wonder. That makes sense, based on the gear they are promoting quite strongly. As long as it is good that's fine. It's following the Sports Direct model of owning different brands and having the retail sites to sell them in.

Thanks ?

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
I did wonder. That makes sense, based on the gear they are promoting quite strongly. As long as it is good that's fine. It's following the Sports Direct model of owning different brands and having the retail sites to sell them in.

Thanks ?

Stubert has always been decent quality, Stromberg and Ellesse are both good quality too. I don't know about Rife or Fazer.

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
SD took decent quality brands and turned them into cheap and nasty ones. Hopefully AG will be more long sighted than that.

I don't think Endless are quite the same As Mike Cashley. I know someone who worked for an IT company taken over by Endless, he had nothing but good things to say about them. Apparently they research their takeover well and invest to get it back on track. Don't remember the exact figures but sure they snapped his company up cheap, turned if round and sold it for 5 or 6 times what they paid out.

They seem to have made a move in the golf market with AG, and are now buying up better brands to support the purchase.

Edit. I knew it was something stupid, they bought his company for about £20 million and sold it for £400 million. https://forums.golf-monthly.co.uk/threads/ag-up-for-sale.98908/post-1900008

Last edited:

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
That was a really interesting read. Unfortunately I now feel like I need to find a spare £270 to buy an Evnroll. Thanks a lot.
Tried one in a shop about 18 months ago and wanted one ever since. Just can't justify £300 on a club at my level
Whenever I go into AG and play around with the putters the one that feels the best, holes the most by quite some degree is the Evnroll. Gorgeous bit of kit, scary price.

Be strong, don't crack. We need strength in unity ?

slowhand

Head Pro
Visit site
A Titleist TS2 driver from Golfbidder. Not getting on with my M3 at all, so thought this was worth a punt bearing in mind the cost and claimed condition. If it doesn't work it'll either go back or appear on the For Sale/Wanted section