I bought today.....

Curls

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Picked up a bit of swing speed in lockdown doing weights for the first time in my life (you get muscles, who knew?!) so had a couple of bits to sort out.
Put a new shaft in the driver - I was losing the clubhead through impact, heavier shaft does the trick and looks longer when I get it too. Bonus.

Sold my (now too whippy) 2 hybrid on here and bought this little bobby dazzler. I am in love. Was playing a short very tight track yesterday and this thing came into its own. With the hard fairways I’m wondering how often I’ll need the new driver! Playing Woodall Hotchkin tomorrow and boy oh boy am I like a little kid at Christmas. One more sleep.

Attachments

• 3D47D9FD-22E7-45D4-AA79-54B2AEFC4C16.jpeg
    3D47D9FD-22E7-45D4-AA79-54B2AEFC4C16.jpeg
    218.7 KB · Views: 18
Reactions: Zig

Griffsters

Hacker
Visit site
Finally bought myself new irons. Got fitted for D7s yesterday and ordered them. First item in my bag bought new! Very good experience at AG, was a bit weary of it before going down. Now just the long wait for them to arrive. Hopefully in the meantime I can sort the swing out so the new irons work!

D7 Forged?

Griffsters

Hacker
Visit site
Yep! They look and feel great. I know they’re strong lofts - 7i is same loft as my current 6i. But it still went 15-20 yards further than my current 6i and feels great.

Lovely irons. I went in to a fitting expecting to come out with Mizuno of Srixon then emerged with the D7 Forged ordered. Just hit them the best, feel was right. Can't argue with it, love em'!

Buckbeak

Visit site
Lovely irons. I went in to a fitting expecting to come out with Mizuno of Srixon then emerged with the D7 Forged ordered. Just hit them the best, feel was right. Can't argue with it, love em'!

Can’t wait for them to arrive now. When did you order them? Just wondering how long they’ll take (AG said 4-6 weeks but I’m secretly hoping it’ll be quicker haha)

Griffsters

Hacker
Visit site
Can’t wait for them to arrive now. When did you order them? Just wondering how long they’ll take (AG said 4-6 weeks but I’m secretly hoping it’ll be quicker haha)

I think mine were about 2 weeks, but it was before COVID hit. The D7 Forged have also received a number of really positive reviews, MyGolfSpy amongst them, so there could be a bit of a surge in demand as well.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
New boots! Just running them in before the weekend. Straight out of the box they are as comfy as a pair of slippers. :)
View attachment 31906
AG seem to be promoting Rife quite a lot. Obviously you liked the look of the shoes, I do as it happens as well. How do you think they are quality wise? Did you just look at Rife shoes or did you look at the other Rife gear as well?

LincolnShep

Head Pro
Visit site
AG seem to be promoting Rife quite a lot. Obviously you liked the look of the shoes, I do as it happens as well. How do you think they are quality wise? Did you just look at Rife shoes or did you look at the other Rife gear as well?

I've just given them a thorough inspection; I'm no cobbler but I can't see anything out of place, they look spot on. Time will be the true test of course but, at £50, they only need to last half as long as a typical pair of Footjoys or Skechers; or a quarter the time of a pair of ECCOs! I had previously only connected Rife with putters so have not looked at any of their other gear. I just liked the design of these shoes.

I know it's a cliché to describe a pair of shoes as being as comfortable as a pair of slippers but these ones really are - they're so soft! Anyway, first outing tomorrow (assuming the weather forecast is correct), so I'll let you know how many shots I win by. :D

Andy

Tour Winner
Visit site
Was in TK Maxx yesterday and found a Ralph Lauren "RLX" golf polo, a nice polyester/elastane one, down from £75 to £20. It is bright green as well but couldn't say no at that price, haha. Wore it today, very nice. Bought some white ankle socks as well. :p

I'm embarrassed for ye

Steviefella

Visit site
New ts2 fairway 3 wood, Aussie hat, dozen velocity balls and a free tumbler ?. Starting to think I should ask for sponsorship cash from Titleist.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Just ordered a pair of Sunwise golf shades as most regular shades I wear seem to pinch my head after a few hours, giving me a headache. Also a box of 2019 Titleist Velocitys. I did try the AD333s (which were cheap in Decathlon) but I shouldn't have been tempted - don't like them as much as the Velocity.

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Dozen q star tours... at £25 seemed okay to me. Don’t want too many if I don’t like them but the ad333 tour I finished my Round with on Saturday performed impeccably

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site

The investors that own AG now own Rife too, along with Fazer, Stromberg, Ellesse and Stubert.