I bought today.....

Mandofred

Visit site
Lamkin jumbo less tapered grips. Tried 3 of them on my wedges and like how they feel. I think I have 6 tapes under the grip as well. My tiny hands like them so I ordered another 10 of them today for the rest of the clubs.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Callaway Apex hybrid, 26°, from a highly reputable source 😉. Looking for something with a high ball flight, 26° should hopefully do the job. Seeing if this will possibly replace an iron in the bag and provide more reliability.
You might find it longer than you expect.....Great hybrids..

Springveldt

Visit site
Callaway Apex hybrid, 26°, from a highly reputable source 😉. Looking for something with a high ball flight, 26° should hopefully do the job. Seeing if this will possibly replace an iron in the bag and provide more reliability.
If that is the Apex 21 hybrids, I've got the 3 and 4 and they go for miles.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I bought an old Adam’s 26 * just to see what they are like.
It was £42.99 golfclubs4cash I had a £20 voucher so cost me £22.99
It’s the best club in my bag atm.
Goes really high 175 yds but it’s easy to take a bit off as well,stops on a tanner!

Best £22 I ever spent on a club.👍

Last edited:

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
For some reason I bought a vokey sm5 T grind in 62 degrees.
Picked it up for 40 quid so thought it was worth checking out.

I've never used a T grind. Any of the new T grinds are very low bounce at 4 degrees. This has 8 and peaked my intrest.

I have various lob wedges and I'd like to find one for the links but can't get on with proper low bounce wedges.

Wow this thing turned up and its a fine piece of kit. There is a load of relief on the wedge so it sits low when opened up but still has 8 degrees of bounce to utilise. Have to say it's a lot of fun. I'd rather it was 60 degrees rather than 62 but it's a cool club.

Here's a video of some lobs over a noodle. I'm hitting these harder than necessary for a bit of fun. Visualising a lob over a bunker.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Hi Homer
I know you have a fondness for golf shoes, what do you think of these shoes? I’ve just ordered a pair and still at the same price 👍
They came last Friday and put them on straight from the box. Fitted perfectly and spent all day in them without any issues. Not the most breathable shoe ever but at that price its a small quibble

Singlefiguregokfer

Visit site
I haven’t bought anything yet, but had a CF with the Ping man at my club for FW woods.

He asked me to hit my longest iron,
4 iron averaged 208 carry.
Then driver, averaged 264 carry.
So we needed something in the 240’s & 220’s.
Started with 3 wood, the chosen one averaged 246.
Then came the surprise; he recommended trying a 7 wood. The end choice was 224 carry with a whopping 148 apex.
Both with Kaili white 70g stiff shafts.

Springveldt

Visit site
A Callaway CB wedge in 50 degrees with 12 bounce like new from Callaway Preowned. Needed a new 50 wedge and nothing is coming up in the black wedges that I got (only place I can find a 50 in is the Callaway site for £179) so thought I'd take a chance on the CB wedge since I do hit full shots with my 50.

It's only £70 delivered and it will be brand new so worth a shot.

Mandofred

Visit site
Well....not so much "bought", as recycled. Another putter grip experiment. I've been using a large Kotahi (what I call a double thumbs grip) for about a year. Just cut it off and put on a Superstroke 5.0 that I had.....going to go to the double index finger down the side grip. The grip is big enough that I can easily double thumbs it as well. With how much I keep experimenting, I really should buy an air pump.