I bought today.....

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
New carry bag from Stainton Golf after searching the web for one that's not expensive. Found some, and after a overnight think, chose the one they had. Cheaper than other places by £10 which on a £80 purchase is not to be sniffed at. Will the zips last?

chico

Club Champion
Visit site
Tour Edge 25° hybrid. Been struggling with the long irons and thought I'd give a hybrid a try. Had AG vouchers I had sitting there that I usually buy balls with during the year.

Smoj

Visit site
I snapped a hzrduz smoke black rdx driver shaft in the summer, and just realised that it snapped in a way on the tip just enough to make the shaft into a fairway wood shaft, so i bought a taylormade adapter and some epoxy to fix it up.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I snapped a hzrduz smoke black rdx driver shaft in the summer, and just realised that it snapped in a way on the tip just enough to make the shaft into a fairway wood shaft, so i bought a taylormade adapter and some epoxy to fix it up.
Just make sure there’s no split in the tip.
This can happen when a shaft shears.

Smoj

Visit site
Just make sure there’s no split in the tip.
This can happen when a shaft shears.
There was a little bit of splitting and I had to cut off about 1'', Now it looks as good as new. although i read if you tip trim the stiffness goes up a bit, so I guess a 6.5 hzrduz black will be an x-stiff after about 3'' taken off the tip

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
There was a little bit of splitting and I had to cut off about 1'', Now it looks as good as new. although i read if you tip trim the stiffness goes up a bit, so I guess a 6.5 hzrduz black will be an x-stiff after about 3'' taken off the tip
I think these only have a 4” parallel tip so don’t trim it to much.
Yes it will play stiffer but not to much.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Foolish buy today. I've always wanted to try a 64 degree wedge....with the Snainton discount, ordered a full face Cleveland 64.......
I had one years ago.
Its very difficult club for am golfers to use for one reason.
We just don’t hit it hard enough. I left everything short with it.
So just make sure you commit fully.

Its great when it works!

Mandofred

Visit site
I had one years ago.
Its very difficult club for am golfers to use for one reason.
We just don’t hit it hard enough. I left everything short with it.
So just make sure you commit fully.

Its great when it works!
I've always been crap on pitch and runs.....much more comfortable with just dropping the ball onto the green. I like flop shots.....but will likely stick with the 54 for everything I don't need height on for a while. Need to get to the practice ground before I lose the privaledge .....leaving club I think. Love a good flop shot......

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I've always been crap on pitch and runs.....much more comfortable with just dropping the ball onto the green. I like flop shots.....but will likely stick with the 54 for everything I don't need height on for a while. Need to get to the practice ground before I lose the privaledge .....leaving club I think. Love a good flop shot......
Me to but I nearly hit one up my nose with the 64.

Practice is a good idea 👍

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
Foolish buy today. I've always wanted to try a 64 degree wedge....with the Snainton discount, ordered a full face Cleveland 64.......
I bought a Ram Tour Grind 64 some years ago. Been in the bag every summer since then. If I remember correctly, it was £39 brand new in the 1990s.
I take the chip and run option wherever and whenever I see it as the easiest shot.

I use the 64 for all those shots that I had been playing since the 1970s with a 58 when I would open the face a bit and cut across it.
With the 64 I don't have to open the face and cut across it.
Therefore, it is much easier to play those shots with a 64.

Last edited:

Mandofred

Visit site
I bought a Ram Tour Grind 64 some years ago. Been in the bag every summer since then. If I remember correctly, it was £39 brand new in the 1990s.
I take the chip and run option wherever and whenever I see it as the easiest shot.

I use the 64 for all those shots that I had been playing since the 1970s with a 58 when I would open the face a bit and cut across it.
With the 64 I don't have to open the face and cut across it.
Therefore, it is much easier to play those shots with a 64.
That's my theory.....it's another experiment for me. The side saddle putter was a disaster so far....another try coming in the spring, and then will be selling it if it doesn't produce success.

D

Deleted member 1147

I've been very interested in buying some barefoot shoes for a very long time and I finally purchased a pair this evening, from vivobarefoot. They've got a decent sale on and also offer a 100 day trial so it will be a good chance to try them out.
You need to make sure you have the best shoes for the speed work you’re doing.
Don’t want to do that sort of thing with unsupportive shoes.