I bought today.....

timd77

Assistant Pro
Visit site
A Cleveland Huntington beach soft 11s putter. When I was fitted it was between the scotty (face balanced) a a mild toe hang (tyne 4). Been off recently and the eyes have been wandering.

The 11s is identical to the Tyne 4 but currently on clearance so was rude not to, although it did nearly become a Wilson staff milled
Love my Huntington beach soft #8. Similar size and weight to the odyssey versa I had previously, but without the mesh insert popping out and needing glueing! Hopefully it’s a putter for life!

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Banned
Visit site
A Cleveland Huntington beach soft 11s putter. When I was fitted it was between the scotty (face balanced) a a mild toe hang (tyne 4). Been off recently and the eyes have been wandering.

The 11s is identical to the Tyne 4 but currently on clearance so was rude not to, although it did nearly become a Wilson staff milled

Mate, nothing will sort that putting action out

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
Brand new Cobra speedzone 5 wood. Worked well on the range when trying it out. It's to replace a hybrid which will be kept to bump balls out from under trees.

RichA

Visit site
Mizuno Gore-Tex trail running shoes. The absence of the word "golf" in the name removes £50 from the price and hopefully adds to the waterproofing.
A big Mizuno symbol on the side should convince a casual observer at a fussy club that they are actually golf shoes.

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
Mizuno Gore-Tex trail running shoes. The absence of the word "golf" in the name removes £50 from the price and hopefully adds to the waterproofing.
A big Mizuno symbol on the side should convince a casual observer at a fussy club that they are actually golf shoes.
Which ones??? Wave???? Cost?

RichA

Visit site

MACM85

Visit site
Went for a fitting at PxG for a 5 wood last week. Ordered the Gen 6 0311. Decent numbers and the spin was controlled compared to my off the shelf Stealth I was using

RichA

Visit site
Ordered a Mizuno JPX923 Hot Metal Hi Launch 6-iron as an experiment to fit in my mixed set between the 4-hybrid and irons.
A bit like the Stealth HD - what do you call a hybrid of an iron and a hybrid?

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
I've never like the term "hybrid".

Defining a type of golf club in terms of what it isn't rather than in terms of what it is.

New name required and extinguish the name "hybrid"?

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I've never like the term "hybrid".

Defining a type of golf club in terms of what it isn't rather than in terms of what it is.

New name required and extinguish the name "hybrid"?
It's still better than the other phrase people use - a 'rescue'. Who says you can only use it when you need rescuing? If you use it on the tee have you already written that hole off as being a danger?

RichA

Visit site
It's still better than the other phrase people use - a 'rescue'. Who says you can only use it when you need rescuing? If you use it on the tee have you already written that hole off as being a danger?
Yep. Rescue is a terrible name for a hybrid, for me.
I've only just figured out how to use them effectively from tee box, fairway or very light rough. Any grass whatsoever between ball and clubface and they're useless for me. My rescue club has 9 stamped on the sole.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Yep. Rescue is a terrible name for a hybrid, for me.
I've only just figured out how to use them effectively from tee box, fairway or very light rough. Any grass whatsoever between ball and clubface and they're useless for me. My rescue club has 9 stamped on the sole.
Yeah I've always found that odd as well. If I'm in the rough and it's substantial then I'm probably hitting an iron - easier to chop down on the ball to get it out. Hybrid is great out of light rough but that's it.