I bought today.....

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Some irons, a hybrid and a putter for The Boy...
He's starting to take an interest, fuelled by the fact he's got a job as a trainee greenkeeper at my club and they want him to play as it helps him understand why they do things the way they do and they have away days.
Borrowed a driver from Fragger and I have some bits and pieces in the garage that'll get him started.

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
£2.99 from Mountain Warehouse, but I can't decide whether it is 3 pairs of socks, or...
one pair of socks and a set of 4 headcovers for some vintage woods.

SDC11544.JPG SDC11548.JPG

Curls

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
One of these babies (2 iron - 18 degrees). It's a thing of beauty and goes like a bullet. Keeps me in play at ours more than my driver, and even the bad hits are in play. Been testing it over the weekend and it comfortably gets me 220 - 240yds. Keeping the demo club for a very good discount and am seriously tempted to drop all my woods and just play with irons...

I love mine. But before you sell the woods I think these come into their own in summer with hard fairways and loads of run. In the winter youll be looking for your driver again, but it’s a weapon of an option these days so enjoy to the full

Mandofred

Visit site
After trying the demo Cobra drivers for the last couple of weeks, purchased a LTDx LS with a lighter but stiffer shaft....and had 3/4" taken off. A few days at least until it is ready.

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
He's starting to take an interest, fuelled by the fact he's got a job as a trainee greenkeeper at my club and they want him to play as it helps him understand why they do things the way they do and they have away days.
Borrowed a driver from Fragger and I have some bits and pieces in the garage that'll get him started.

Hope he does well in the new job ??
The green keepers up here all seem to be cracking players!!

Curls

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Went for my first lesson in many years and my first ever dedicated putting lesson. Man. Everything was wrong. A hotchpotch of compensating errors.

My “new” and actually natural stroke is straight back and through, which is probably why I’ve struggled with a couple of toe hang putters over the years and developed a nasty movement to try to accommodate them. All gone. And requiring a face balanced putter, I joined the Kronos Crew.

It feels nice.

View recent photos.png

Skytot

Visit site
Think need a putting lesson/ fitting . I remember having a inch cut off my Ping putter about 25yrs ago .. It’s probably nowt to do with my putter but I definitely need a lesson, lost all confidence…Anyone recommended a decent putting coach around south/Manchester?

Curls

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Think need a putting lesson/ fitting . I remember having a inch cut off my Ping putter about 25yrs ago .. It’s probably nowt to do with my putter but I definitely need a lesson, lost all confidence…Anyone recommended a decent putting coach around south/Manchester?

Do it. I ought to have done it years ago but guess I was focusing on my swing etc and figured I’d eventually get the hang of it. I wouldnt have.

FELL75

Visit site
A pair of Adidas Adicross Retro. Before I cut the tags off, can I ask if anyone who has these how they find them in warm weather. A summer golf shoe but how breathable are they? With a leather upper rather than mesh, they feel comfortable but feet could get hot after a 4 hour round in the sun....
Cheers

HeftyHacker

Visit site
A pair of white Adidas shorts in the summer sale.

I'm either going to love them or hate them. Whichever way it is I'll get absolutely ruined by my regular playing partners ??

D

Deleted member 3432

A pair of white Adidas shorts in the summer sale.

I'm either going to love them or hate them. Whichever way it is I'll get absolutely ruined by my regular playing partners ??

Wouldn't bother fetching them to Silloth at the weekend, not warm enough....:ROFLMAO:

Good news is that it is going to be fairly windless ?

HeftyHacker

Visit site
Wouldn't bother fetching them to Silloth at the weekend, not warm enough....:ROFLMAO:

Good news is that it is going to be fairly windless ?

The conditions look ideal! Can't wait for it now. This will be my third time up and I dont think I've played in "normal" Silloth conditions yet - Its been pretty still every time.

Having said that it feels like the wind hasn't dropped below 20mph at my own course for months. Still days catch me out now!

D

Deleted member 3432

The conditions look ideal! Can't wait for it now. This will be my third time up and I dont think I've played in "normal" Silloth conditions yet - Its been pretty still every time.

Having said that it feels like the wind hasn't dropped below 20mph at my own course for months. Still days catch me out now!

It's not very fiery at present, greened up a lot in the last week but in good nick all the same.

Some juicy stuff appearing just off the fairway, not guaranteed to progress the ball very far even if you avoid the heather now so finding the fairway off the tee is imperative.

Hope you have a good one.

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site

Be interested to see if that flies straight... :whistle: