I bought today.....

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Email received this afternoon, Ping custom fit irons I ordered 2 weeks ago will be with me tomorrow.

Considering some of the delays these past few months, fair play to Ping and Snainton for giving me the accurate timescale.

What model did you go for ?

HeftyHacker

Visit site
Dropped on a set of Wilson Staff CB's 7-5 irons (new) and the Wilson Staff model blade 8-PW (hardly used) on ebay for £395. Couldn't resist. Sitting staring at them for the next 4 weeks won't be easy.

Nice, those blades are absolutely stunning ?.

I've got an incredibly itchy trigger finger at the moment and currently tossing up between the jpx 921 forged or the srixon zx5 ?

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Those blades were all the rage when I started playing in the 80s.
Seems like they're upping their profile with slowly more tour players using them. ?

Wilson are a rare example (if not the only?) of a manufacturer who have pulled it back and regained respect after their marketing gurus decided it would be smart/more profitable to ditch the quality clubs and go down the boxed set, cheap and cheerful route.

It's been a long hard slog but I think they've finally made it.

r0wly86

Head Pro
Visit site
Wilson are a rare example (if not the only?) of a manufacturer who have pulled it back and regained respect after their marketing gurus decided it would be smart/more profitable to ditch the quality clubs and go down the boxed set, cheap and cheerful route.

It's been a long hard slog but I think they've finally made it.

This is a really good read mygolfspy

https://mygolfspy.com/how-the-wilson-staff-empire-crumbled/

three parts detailing the rise, fall, and rise of Wilson golf, the insight to the new CEO is really good in part 3

davidy233

Tour Rookie
www.davidyoungphoto.co.uk
Pair of Nike 270G arrived today, not quite as garish as they looked in pics on the Internet - they were delivered three days early too.

I may take them for a walk on Sunday morning to try them out even though I primarily bought them for wet days and it's forecast to be nice here for the next few days.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Need details ?
Just a Bell Tracker, pretty cheap.

the two ive got and don't wear areboth Road helmets a Spesialize Sub 6 one of the original ones (mid 90), i took the trap off the adj and can't work out how it goes back on and theres also a Giro one from about 20 years ago, its in the house somewhere, but no idea where

HeftyHacker

Visit site
It is done, Mizzy JPX921 forged ordered this morning. Praying I'm in the 57% who apparently receive their custom orders within 30 days but really just hoping I get them before the end of April for the wee trip I have planned.

Last edited:

Zig

Visit site
It is done, Mizzy JPX921 forged ordered this morning. Praying I'm in the 57% who apparently receive their custom orders within 30 days but really just hoping I get them before the end of April for the wee trip I have planned.
I got a set delivered a week ago... it's killing me them sat all shiny in the bag and not being able to hit them. Especially with the weather like it is this morning. Top of the four iron looks. bit slim too... practice needed ;)

Zig

Visit site
I think there's a few of us in the same boat ?
I think there's a few of us in the same boat ?
Saw a good post from Dan Walker (Breakfast TV) where he'd took a picture of all his golf gear cleaned and laid out on the floor. I haven't done that, but I have been through the wardrobe a few times and sorted my golf outfits out for when we're allowed back!