Hybrids

TobyRich1928

Head Pro
Visit site
Hi guys, thinking about getting a new hybrid and was wandering which ones I should try, could u please give me some recommendations please, it will be much appreciated!!! Thanks :) :) :D

Andy

Tour Winner
Visit site
What I like m8, you might hate.

Best thing would be to goto a range and try as many as you can and choose from there. Once you have picked a head you like maybe get custom fitted for the right shaft and loft.

Your question in my opinion is too vague.

Andy

TobyRich1928

Head Pro
Visit site
Am looking for a 21* but is just wandering which ones people think are good and I will work from there, am going to the range on Saturday to try some out so I was just wandering which ones people think I should try? :p I like one that feels quite heavy of anyone knows any :p

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
G15 fugly, K15 worse, I15 just didn't like, no idea why, Adams stuff is ugly too, Mizuno looks ok, but I've not hit, Cobra too light but easy to hit, Titleist too difficult to hit (hybrids aren't meant to be hard work), TM look like fairway woods so they are out, Nike are ugly, not into MD or lesser brands, which doesn't leave much.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
G15 fugly, K15 worse, I15 just didn't like, no idea why, Adams stuff is ugly too, Mizuno looks ok, but I've not hit, Cobra too light but easy to hit, Titleist too difficult to hit (hybrids aren't meant to be hard work), TM look like fairway woods so they are out, Nike are ugly, not into MD or lesser brands, which doesn't leave much.

Try and find a G10, nowhere near as ugly as the G15, not too light, easy to hit, a sweet club.

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
just layed my hand on a 09 burner rescue 4/21* from TM, and i must say its the easiest clubt to hit, im comparing it againsts TM's Burner 08 Woods, Burner 09 Driver, V Steel 7 wood (Which people love) all of the supersteel woods & even the dual rescue 19* which i also have.

Ive got it in steel and id say their defo worth a punt. I got mine mega cheap off the well known auction site as it had been listed with a wrong description, just hoping someone comes up with the 3 or 2 version/

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
I have two G5's which i much prefer to the G10. Found the G10 hybrid more like a wood, where as the G5 has smaller sole plate, and more like an iron. You can pick them up cheap on e-bay. ;)

Mizuno MX 700's are good as well, and you should be able to pick up a new one for about £80.

RGDave

Money List Winner
Visit site
I think any hybrid could be good, it's suitability to your game is probably going to be dependent on shaft and/or offset.
The first one I bought was a disaster, the "power boys" hit it great, I just sliced and pushed it.
I ended up buying one with a shaft I knew worked for me and a bit of sneaky offset. It's great.

Put club champ uses a donnay one he got for £7.99. I think it's a steel shafted thing, which is often a good idea.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site

Ignore Murph, he gets like this when the dark nights are around and he hasn't taken his happy pills. Another vote (perhaps unsurprisingly) for the TM Burner. Mine is the 08 model and still going strong. Of the others, the I15 I found pretty easy to hit, Nike have some easy to hit ones and I don't think they look too bad. If you can get past the looks the G15 is very forgiving

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I've only ever hit 2.

My Titleist one is the hardest club in my bag to hit.
The Benross one is so easy to hit it must be illegal. Looks good with the black face too.

Not much experience to draw on but I'd recommend Benross all day.

kid2

Money List Winner
Visit site
Im with Homer on this one as regards the G15 Toby.....I have a 21 deg....If you can get past the initial looks of it its actually stupid easy to hit from any lie....

Iv tried a good few and found this the nicest....The looks will win you over once you see the results.... ;)

The flight of the ball is low at first and climbs gradually not Ballooning like some.... and the ball lands like its strapped to a parachute

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Hi guys, thinking about getting a new hybrid and was wandering which ones I should try, could u please give me some recommendations please, it will be much appreciated!!! Thanks :) :) :D

I did a 32 club testing, on hybrids for a rival magazine about 8 months ago and found the Taylor Made Superfast the best one, I also liked the Ping one as well.

Chris

viscount17

Money List Winner
Visit site
I hate my hybrid - today it just didn't want to join in and contributed to the wreckage of what was potentially my best round of the year.it is likely to be consigned to the darkest reaches of the doom cupboard.

If the MX700 hybrids are as good as the 3-wood I may be tempted to get one.

Basher

Tour Winner
yorkshiregolf.proboards.com
I have a very cheap steel shafted hybrid which I learnt to hit better this year.
However, I have just liberated Drawboy of his Ping G5 tonight! Can't wait to get out on the course and use it now! :)