Hybrids

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
My 909H 21 degree was really quite hard to hit until I sussed it out. It almost went up for sale. Not anymore. I've worked it out and it's a doddle.

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
I thought you had to sweep them away like a wood, only when played the ball further back and hit more like an iron i realised how good they are.

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
My 909H 21 degree was really quite hard to hit until I sussed it out. It almost went up for sale. Not anymore. I've worked it out and it's a doddle.

Please tell me (if it'll work on a 909H 19deg too) :)

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
find my 19 degree(909h) easy to hit region, very workable can hit it high or low fade or draw, really very playable imo stock shot with it i go quite close to middle of stance and hit as if its a mid iron

viscount17

Money List Winner
Visit site
I thought you had to sweep them away like a wood, only when played the ball further back and hit more like an iron i realised how good they are.

I think this is my problem, undecided as to how to play it so end up wrong whatever I do.

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
viscount, there has been numerous posts about the correct way to hit a hybrid, general thoughts are that they are best used being hit like a long iron.

I find i have 3 ways of hitting mine,

Sweep it like a fairway wood (almost like thiunning an iron) this gives a lower ball flight

Hit it like a 5 iron - this gives the perfect flight

Hit it like a 7 iron - this gives a ballooned ball flight.

viscount17

Money List Winner
Visit site
that's where I went wrong then, hit it like a fairway out of cabbage, stayed low and back into cabbage. doh!

I'm still going to put it in the naughty cupboard and try something else - a Yonex 3-h that's been languishing in there.

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
progress with it, once you have it nail your love it.

Ive just dropped my 5w, bag now goes driver, 3w, 3R, 4h, 5I-onwards, my 4H is a absolute tool!