Hunter Mahan

Jensen

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Great to see Hunter appear on a leaderboard again after the cut.
Although he finished T33 at -6, where there were also a few other big names, he seems to be at least moving in the right direction.
For me he has the best looking swing on tour.

Grant85

Head Pro
Visit site
Great to see Hunter appear on a leaderboard again after the cut.
Although he finished T33 at -6, where there were also a few other big names, he seems to be at least moving in the right direction.
For me he has the best looking swing on tour.

Strange player to pick out.

Not exactly someone who will move the needle and best known for his chipping woes - in particular in the 2010 Ryder Cup.

Done well to come back via the Web.com tour and get himself on tour again, but for me everything about him screams journeyman.

Parsaregood

Head Pro
Visit site

Not exactly someone who will move the needle and best known for his chipping woes - in particular in the 2010 Ryder Cup.

Done well to come back via the Web.com tour and get himself on tour again, but for me everything about him screams journeyman.
He was top 10 in the world for a length of time, he is not a journeyman by any stretch. A journeyman is someone who plays lower tours maybe gets on the big tour for a year or 2 and flits up and down. Hunter was a top player, he just had problems mentally. Great to see he's got back to the pga tour and hopefully will start playing well. Don't know how anybody with two WGC wins can be called a journeyman, poor choice of words

HamiltonGuy

Visit site
He was top 10 in the world for a length of time, he is not a journeyman by any stretch. A journeyman is someone who plays lower tours maybe gets on the big tour for a year or 2 and flits up and down. Hunter was a top player, he just had problems mentally. Great to see he's got back to the pga tour and hopefully will start playing well. Don't know how anybody with two WGC wins can be called a journeyman, poor choice of words
He’s someone who made a career from golf without ever really troubling the elite. He’s everything a journeyman is

Parsaregood

Head Pro
Visit site
Also had one of the best swings on tour. About as good a one plane swing as you can get.

You have to remember that a lot of people on this forum seem to know naff all about golf!
I have noticed, would be great to see him put the last 3 or 4 years behind him golf wise and move onwards and upwards

MendieGK

Tour Winner
Visit site
He was number 4 in the world, won 6 times on the pga tour with two world golf championships. He is not a journeyman, what planet are you on ?
I’m with you here. He’s not a journeyman. A journeyman would someone be like Ryan Palmer, Ben Crane Or Rory sabbatini

A journeyman doesn’t head marketing campaigns for club manufacturers. He was in Ping adverts for years

Wolf

Visit site
Always liked Mahan, wouldn't call him a journeyman at all, had some good wins and a good number of high finishes with a really good golf swing.

Would suggest calling him a journeyman means that someone doesn't have a great deal of knowledge about the player.

I'd like to see Villegas make a come back from his shoulder injury to an get back out on Main tour, like Mahan a good player that has suffered for a while.

D

Deleted member 1147

Journeymen don’t play 3 Ryder cups, wins couple of WGCs and grt into the top 10

D

Deleted member 15344

He isn’t journey man at all

Got into the top 5 of the world , won 2 WGC , at one stage was the highest ranking US player , a number of Ryder Cups , 10 wins on tour

Nowhere near a journeyman for goodness sake