HTC or Apple

Scotty Cameron

Head Pro
Visit site
Oh, another thing I forgot to mention. I despise the Android keyboard. No matter how big the phone, the keyboard was never big enough, and the spaces between letters was never big enough. Typing on an iPhone is much more intuitive, and far less frustrating. I've used 5 or 6 Android phones, and every single one had a shitty keyboard. The only touch keyboard I've enjoyed using other than an iPhone is the Nokia Lumia keyboard, which is excellent.
My LG G3 keyboard can be resized ;) plenty big enough for speed typing.

TheDiablo

Challenge Tour Pro
Banned
Visit site
Apple - great design, premium feel, good UI. Great customer service. If those are the important things, go for an iPhone.

If latest/best technology is important, then go for an Android.

Apple are usually a couple of years behind on the tech front, especially on mature technologies (which Smartphones now are). They launch a market, get a huge lead in market share, and live off that. They don't innovate anywhere near as fast - they're too busy marketing the existing product and designing the next big thing. I'm not knocking that strategy - look at their share price :eek:

I work for a global tech company, and its interesting that Android is by far the most popular platform in our office. My last 4 phones have been iPhone, Samsung, Sony and HTC (current). Of those I'd choose the Sony every single time. Personally, I'll be looking at the latest from Huawei or Xaomi when I upgrade in 6 months - amazing value for money currently.

I'd personally never go back to Apple, I can't stand how you're locked into a world of restricted choice. However, for some people they are ideal - my other half for example who wants a nice phone that she knows how to use and nothing more.

Dan - completely agree on the Android keyboards - if only you found Swiftkey! Amazing 'intelligent' keyboard app. So good that Apple reluctantly allowed it on ios due to consumer pressure - not many apps can say that.

the_coach

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
updated iphone coming out in Sept given apple nomenclature likely 'S' versions of the 6, 6+ rather than 7, so if not in a rush probably better waiting.
with apple devices it's ways easier communication between them especially given the new ios/os.

plus for golfers the slow-mo is pretty good (good enough for trackman to stop adding anymore slr/vid camera 'drivers' to their system)

new M9 has latest 'lollipop' software + hardware - camera etc but looks to be near '6' pricing. so far still better range of 'apps' in ios.
(one app many club golfers would benefit from still only available in ios to date - golf mtrx)

having yesterday spent well over $2000 on a top spec-ed new 13" retina macbook pro will be waiting until Sept to update my iphone 5.

SaintHacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
cheers chaps, I think its coming down to Sony Z3 or iPhone6. I like them both.....but which is better....

...only one way to find out.......Ffff

Just to throw another into the mix, I went for the Xperia Z2. Why? Because its waterproof, and I'm good at dropping phones! Its also cheaper now as its been superseded by the Z3 but unless you're a real power user you won't notice any difference.

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
updated iphone coming out in Sept given apple nomenclature likely 'S' versions of the 6, 6+ rather than 7, so if not in a rush probably better waiting.
with apple devices it's ways easier communication between them especially given the new ios/os.

plus for golfers the slow-mo is pretty good (good enough for trackman to stop adding anymore slr/vid camera 'drivers' to their system)

new M9 has latest 'lollipop' software + hardware - camera etc but looks to be near '6' pricing. so far still better range of 'apps' in ios.
(one app many club golfers would benefit from still only available in ios to date - golf mtrx)

having yesterday spent well over $2000 on a top spec-ed new 13" retina macbook pro will be waiting until Sept to update my iphone 5.
my wee boy has an android operated tablet and it has nearly hit the wall its that frustrating to the user. Think I've answered my own question plus the iPhone 5 we currently use is absolutely fine- apart from the camera having a couple of 'spots' that show on pictures, so I'll probably wait till Sept

thanks all, good input:thup: