How was everyones golfing weekend

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Net 70 for me in the Captains Day medal on Sunday. Was sitting in seventh place when I left the club. Waiting for the final results to appear online and see if I have been cut.

B

birdieman

Quad biking and white water rafting on a stag do, made a nice change from the torture of trying to put a card together!
Note to self - There is more to life than golf...there is more to life than golf...

Tommo21

Tour Winner
www.royalmusselburgh.co.uk
Captains day on Saturday, great day, great fun and I played not bad. Managed a few really good shots finishing the last 12 holes in 3 over par………..Don’t ask about the others. Striking the ball well, putting well, short game is good. Just the odd pull getting me into deep rough and deep trouble. I'll sort that out.

pjaz

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Nearest I got was the range Sunday AM. Chris Waddle was there and I weas telling my eldest (9) who he was - he was singularly unimpressed. Can't imagine I would have been like that at 9!!! Kids these days.

kjackson1969

Medal Winner
Visit site
Played clun singles matchplay on Friday. My opponent was off 19 myself off 11 giveing him 8 shots. I played the from 9 in 3 over the card and was 2 down. The back 9 went in a similar fashion.

Played Saturday morning frindly game and got 35 points happy with the way I played.

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
Is that Walton Hall in warrington???

I played a game this afternoon, didnt score so well, infact I went out in 51 that was pretty awfull, Very windy and aint played for 2 weeks, felt like starting over again.

Back 9 was an improvment, came in in 44 but still not great. Driver was killing me but my long and short game was good. Highlight of the day was nailing the par 3 18th 175 yard too the green. strong left to right wind, aimed 30 yards left of dance floor and wind brough it round to the middle, lovely.

mrobbie

Club Champion
Visit site
just squeezed in my 4th round since Friday... Already commented on the other 3, but tonight was another 39 points! Handicap down to 13.6 (was 16.7 in min-June!!) :D

A night off tomorrow I think...

rgs

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Congrats to those who won their various comps-best of luck to all who fought the good fight without getting teh right result-better luck next time.

Checked the club results and found i won the Saturday Stapleford comp, came 17th in the medal but was runner up in class-
Handicap cut at last==down to 19.0 from 19.9-heres hoping a few more cuts on the way before the end of the season.
Delighted with the cut only downside i am in the quarter final of the matchplay tomorrow and theres been a two shot swing in handicaps against me since the weekend-my opponent has gained a shot and i have lost a shot-

MickCTR

Medal Winner
Visit site
I had a decent weekend. Played Mid-Yorkshire Golf Club at Darrington and shot a 90. Could have been a bit better in all honesty but in the conditions i'm not going to complain at a 90.

vig

Tour Winner
Visit site
My Course mick.

Shot gross 83 sat with new sticks with two OB's.
Shot 81 gross sunday and was 2" form an ace, glad I didn't really cos clubhouse was full :eek:

bernix

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
On Saturday I was at the MAN NÖ Open at Adamstal, a challange tour event. I followed the 3rd rounds of Bernd Wiesberger (a former member at my club), Christian Reimbold from Germany and Sweden's Joakim Haeggman. The former Ryder Cupper hit 2 balls OOB from the 7th tee and thereafter banged his 3wood.

On Sunday just the range and a bit of short game practice for me.

MickCTR

Medal Winner
Visit site
My Course mick.

Shot gross 83 sat with new sticks with two OB's.
Shot 81 gross sunday and was 2" form an ace, glad I didn't really cos clubhouse was full :eek:

Great stuff, well played. My aim for the next 12-18 months is to be shooting regular low 80's. You could teach me a thing or two haha! It is certainly a great course. Are you a member? How much is the full 7 day membership there nowadays?

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
Is that Walton Hall in warrington???
That's the fella, in good nick this year.

Yes it is, the new greens are pretty good. Aint been up there for 2 months or so.

Mabybe we could meet for a game sometime. You could show me how to play the 6th without taking 3 in the trees