How to watch Mickelson/woods

popeye

Hacker
Visit site
Anyone know how to watch 'the match' in the UK? I know it is pay per view and a few American channels have got the rights but what the UK?

Grant85

Head Pro
Visit site
I am a bit disappointed with this.

I probably wouldn't have paid more than a few quid to watch, but possibly might have ordered it and had a couple of friends round.

I am more interested in the format.
Having the guys micd up and making side bets etc.

I think there is potentially a market for more matchplay golf and the strokeplay format is often not going to hold peoples attention for 4 days.

Parsaregood

Head Pro
Visit site
I am a bit disappointed with this.

I probably wouldn't have paid more than a few quid to watch, but possibly might have ordered it and had a couple of friends round.

I am more interested in the format.
Having the guys micd up and making side bets etc.

I think there is potentially a market for more matchplay golf and the strokeplay format is often not going to hold peoples attention for 4 days.
Plus 1 for this

Grant85

Head Pro
Visit site
That's weird that it isn't available in the UK. What about online?

My understanding is there is not an official provider offering it as a stream or normal broadcast.

Possibly there will be unofficial streams available, but I tend not to bother with these as they become hassle for poor quality.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
I'm lucky the broadcaster I use is knocking it out on regular sports channel
But unlucky that it starts at midnight 😢

MendieGK

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'm lucky the broadcaster I use is knocking it out on regular sports channel
But unlucky that it starts at midnight 😢
Which channel where you are? I’ve got access to every channel in the world basically 😁

D

Deleted member 15344

Guess it shows the real level of interest in them when it looks like no broadcasting company is willing to take the risk to buy it on pay per view

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Very disappointing that no-one wants to take this up for the UK and perhaps shows there is a distinct lack of interest over here. I would have watched it (subject to the cost) as its soemthing different and an event that is unlikely to be repeated by any other pairings any time soon

Wolf

Visit site
Very disappointing that no-one wants to take this up for the UK and perhaps shows there is a distinct lack of interest over here. I would have watched it (subject to the cost) as its soemthing different and an event that is unlikely to be repeated by any other pairings any time soon

I have the complete opposite opinion and don't think it's disappointing at all. Much rather watch a tour event with continued coverage than hear them talk smack as the Americans say to each other, its all cringey and fact that big Phil is also playing crap adds nothing to the event.

Plus having it registered on PGA tour official tournament list cheapens the importance of regular events.

I'd rather see a proper skins challenge like the old days where they have a few groups out playing for money that could then go to a charity rather than 2 multi millionaires playing a game that's all in aid of other multi millionaires in Vegas having a few bets with each other.

Last edited: