fairway
hybride
crossover
irons 5 to P or should i go for the 6 to P and add a extra Hybride to the set

Vokey SM6
52 F 08
56 S 10
60 m 08

should these have the same loft als the irons??

should i go for the 5 iron of for a extra hybride

i play handicap 36 and play 2/3 rounds a month

i like to hear some ideas for the right set

thx

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Welcome to the madhouse. Where do you play and where are you getting fitted. My advice would simply go in with a blank piece of paper and let the fitter do their thing and guide you based on your swing.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
welcome!

Yes, I agree with Homer, having done a few custom fits I'd certainly let the fitter advise on everything and just be sure that you're happy at the end of the process Do post up how it goes and what you end up buying

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
I would advise you to have lessons first.
There's no point getting fitted for your current swing, then having lessons and changing it

jusme

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Can i just add, that given the PW is 45 in loft I would consider my wedge set up as 50/54/58 or 60 just to get the distance gap a bit better between irons and GW.

The G range is pretty forgiving but as wedges go there are others out there, other than vokeys, that might suit your game a bit more. If your set on the vokeys - fair enough

bamse

Visit site
Can i just add, that given the PW is 45 in loft I would consider my wedge set up as 50/54/58 or 60 just to get the distance gap a bit better between irons and GW.

The G range is pretty forgiving but as wedges go there are others out there, other than vokeys, that might suit your game a bit more. If your set on the vokeys - fair enough

yes i was thinking that too regarding the wedges but now i have a 52-56-60 in the bag taylormade RAC

bamse

Visit site
Did fitting today
Result
G driver SF
G fairway
G irons 5 to P
Vokey sm6 50 54 60 only bounce must be chosen

Just thinking about the hybrid or the crossover in a 4 or a 5
Maybe both one in 4 other in 5

Any thoughts on this ??