How to Break 100

DappaDonDave

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Having read this thread I went out with a new approach. Having seemed to sort my driving out I hit driver 7i and wedge into most par 4's and the result was my best 9 holes of 48. Including three pars. Was very impressed.

Instead of trying to muscle shots I just took another club and swung more relaxed :)

Looking forward to the rest of the years golf if this is anything to go by.

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
another good reason to take an extra club is that most bunkers and hazards are at the front of greens. out the back is usually safe.

full_throttle

Tour Winner
Visit site
best philosphy is to RELAX, I played today with a work colleages dad and we chatted all the way round, finished with my best ever medal score, 92 (net 71), no prizes but one happy golfer tonight

Yer Maw

Head Pro
Visit site
1. You must be on the fairway after your tee shot as much as possible unless it is a pretty safe semi rough area to play to. So play whatever club that will guarrantee that even if it has to be a 6 iron.
2. Never play 3 or 4 irons off the fairway ever. 7 out of 10 attempts will duff.
3. Lay up on all long Par 4s. If you look at a course analysis of your local course on hdid you will see these holes rarely Par even with the good players and double bogey or even worse is common.
4. Practise getting out of bunkers as this could cost you loads of shots if you are crap out of the sand.
5-10 Practise your puttting loads. 2 putting every green will save you loads of shots.