How often do you 3 putt?

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Er…
A putt is a stroke made with the putter.

If I used a wedge to hit a shot on the green it would be a chip or a pitch because the ball would fly in the air. Unless I deliberately bladed it and was effectively using my wedge as a putter.

A chip shot flies in the air then rolls out. A shot from off the green with my putter rolls along the ground so definitely is not a chip. It’s a putt.

That's your take on it, not mine.

Have you never played a good chip to inches and then bladed a tap in with your wedge to save getting your putter out? That doesn't fly in the air.
In the 1987 Ryder Cup Ben Crenshaw broke his putter on the 6th hole and used his 2 iron for his putts on the subsequent holes.
I have some old bladed putters that I could tee off with should the fancy take me, would that be a putt?

Trodski

Visit site
I have 207 rounds on arccos and average 1.3 3 putts per round. Greens are flat and putting easily the best of my game. HI 8.

dronfield

Visit site
I 3 putt too often and it is damaging half decent rounds - biggest issue for me has been distance control on 1st putt. A couple of years ago i switched to pencil grip, which has improved my putting 10 ft inwards, but is a struggle with longer ones.
Last couple of rounds i have used a traditional grip for longer putts, and then swapped to pencil grip for 10 feet inwards - been a bit more consistent re 2 putting.

NeilV

Visit site
1 or 2 per round, occasionally 3. Almost invariably early in the round. I can almost write a 3 putt bogie on the 1st in the card when I get out of the car.
Our practice green never bears any relation to the speed of the greens out on the course and hasn't got a flat section anywhere on it.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
At least once per round. Sometimes pilot error, sometimes wrong decision. I don't usually get despondent with 1 or 2 per round.