Thank You Forum!

Richuk123

Head Pro
Visit site
Hi All

I'm back after a what has been a difficult year or so, but things seem to be moving in the right direction.

I wanted to say thank you to the forum members who help spread the word and donated to my 100 holes of golf challenge i did in August last year.

i played the 100 holes in 468 shots around Harbourne Golf Club and once we collected all the money, we raised in the end about £3500. In light of the amount i have been invited to Birmingham Children's Hospital "100 hero's" Event in May. I was in the top 100 community fundraisers in the midland region for 2013 and i was incredibly humbled and honored to receive this invite, and without this forums help in driving the awareness forward, i wouldn't have raised as much money so thank you all :thup:

into 2014, i've joined my local club , Brandhall Golf Club and i am currently in the process of handing in 3 cards (first time since 1995) AS I've been dormant for 4 and a half years. expecting about a 4/5hcp me thinks as my last official figure was 4.4

My Son, Thomas, has been in remission now for 10 months and other than having a poor winter with colds/flu due to having a suppressed immune system due to the chemotherapy, is doing well.

I look forward to posting on here again and enjoying the banter i have missed for a while.

Thank you all. :putt:

Richard

D

Deleted member 15344

Thats great news your so is doing well :thup:

Outsanding work with the charity - lots of respect

hamshanker

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Well done Richard on what you achieved and you should be humbled and honoured mate its nice to get credit and recognised for it but most of all its great great news to hear Thomas is doing so well,all my best wishes n thoughts go out to Thomas,yourself and family for what youve all been through and now light at the end of the tunnel keep the positive thoughts going mate well done:thup:

Bigfoot

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Good to hear things are going better for you.

All the best for the golf.

Brandhall was the site of my first ever round of golf. I was given some clubs to use by a friend and I bought 3 Gratex balls from the shop at Brandhall. First shot, I cut the ball in half. fourth shot, I cut the second ball in half. Took 13 for the first hole up the hill. I managed to keep the last ball to the 10th where I lost it. A short trip back to the shop for another three.

Many good days at Brandhall. I am told the 18th is being altered at present. How is it going?

Richuk123

Head Pro
Visit site
Many good days at Brandhall. I am told the 18th is being altered at present. How is it going?
Yes, work starts on Monday. From what Carl in the shop told me, there digging out a big lake where you walk onto the course, then re-alligning the stream up to the 9th. Mainly being done to assist draining as the water really has nowhere to go there when it is wet, and there making a feature out of it so it comes into play on the 18th. be about a 120 carry to dry land by account.

they are splitting the par 5 7th into a par 4 (on temp green) and a 3 (to original 7th green) while the work gets done. Thankfully , for me, the course has been measured and wont effect my cards going in

should be much better when it is done.