How many hot showers ?

Pants

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Growing up just after WW2 we were all washed in the same tin bath infront of the open fire, every Friday night.
The bath was filled by kettles of hot water, heated from the coal fire range in the living room of our single end house.
And we managed just fine before deodorants and antiperspirants came along, smoking pipes and fags :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:.
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Nearly posted the link to the Steptoe bath time clip instead of the one above - but thought better of it ;)

pendodave

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I'm "only" 58 but when I was a kid, bathtime was Sunday night. Nobody died.
At the moment, I'm enjoying using my excellent golf club facilities whenever I'm up there.
Showering or bathing every day is definitely a (historically) recent innovation.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I've never been one to shower every day. There's absolutely no need to, unless you work a physical job obviously or happen to sweat more than the average person. My parents never brought me up to shower every day. I shower when I need to, i.e. always after sporting activity for example - if I've woke up, sat on my arse in the back room working from home and not gone out anywhere, I certainly don't think I've got dirty enough to need a shower. All in it usually works out around 4 showers or baths a week for me.

Showering every morning no matter what is a waste of water to be honest, and I'm not sure if it's born out of paranoia or what. You won't necessarily smell just because you've not showered for 24 hours. When I do shower it's nearly always in the evening as well - not sure how sleeping in a bed makes you unclean by the morning?

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Showering every morning no matter what is a waste of water to be honest, and I'm not sure if it's born out of paranoia or what. You won't necessarily smell just because you've not showered for 24 hours. When I do shower it's nearly always in the evening as well - not sure how sleeping in a bed makes you unclean by the morning?

Depends who is in there with you, surely.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I've never been one to shower every day. There's absolutely no need to, unless you work a physical job obviously or happen to sweat more than the average person. My parents never brought me up to shower every day. I shower when I need to, i.e. always after sporting activity for example - if I've woke up, sat on my arse in the back room working from home and not gone out anywhere, I certainly don't think I've got dirty enough to need a shower. All in it usually works out around 4 showers or baths a week for me.

Well if you have your house set up that old shower water is stored and used to refill the toilets then it's not a waste ?

4LEX

Visit site
Usually 3 times a day. To stay clean, before a dip in the hot tub and I find it relaxing before bed.

Also best hangover cure is a fast 5k and long hot shower.