OVO Energy

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
Thanks guys for the input but, I really don't get this.

Greg says: DD was £274 throughout the 6 months but we got an additional credit of £67 on top of that, effectively making our payment £341 per month.

Ours is: DD was £209 throughout the 6 months but we got an a refund of £67 my energy account credited with £147 per month.

All they have done is give me £67 back, you have had £67 credited to your energy account.
What was your actual energy charge?
Can you tell us for each of the last six months the following:
Direct Debit
Actual energy charge
Credit payment (ie £66 or £67)
Actual Debit/Credit balance after that bill.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I am not at home but will try and do it.

As I said already when you are at home also check your bank account.

I really do not think OVO will be doing anything different for individual customers

this is the appropriate bit from my bill

Total charges £1.63 out
Refunds 7 Feb£67.00 out
Direct Debit 7 Feb£90.00 in

The refund was a credit direct to my bank account (ie the payment from the governent)

I have not included opening and closing balances as they are totally irrelevant.

Old Colner

Club Champion
Visit site
Right guys, thanks everybody for the help, these are the figures I was using, as you can see my original point stands, now when I expand the total charges I can see that the £67 has already been deducted.

Once again thanks for the input.

Attachments

• 58ADE05A-A0DF-4953-9B21-B7A8637A16B0.jpeg
    58ADE05A-A0DF-4953-9B21-B7A8637A16B0.jpeg
    70 KB · Views: 20

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Right guys, thanks everybody for the help, these are the figures I was using, as you can see my original point stands, now when I expand the total charges I can see that the £67 has already been deducted.

Once again thanks for the input.

The refund of £67 will be a payment straight to your bank account.

Old Colner

Club Champion
Visit site
Yes, thanks Jim, I was getting the money into the bank but on the figures I posted the amount was just coming off the balance paid but when I expanded there is a £67 rebate included in the total charges, I totally understand it now.

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
My bill each month is £120ish. We get a credit against that of £67 (for the last 6 mths) so our direct debit has been reduced to £53. Once the 6 months is over our DD will go back up to £120ish

If youre still paying them the same amount as you were before then you should be building the credit up on the account and need to reduce the DD?
That is very cheap compared to what many are paying.