How many clubs would you like to see pros use?

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site
I actually think less clubs would be a good thing in this respect. Having less clubs makes it easier for the beginner, but harder at the top level. Its perfect for that...

I agree that less clubs for beginners is a really good idea but it wouldn’t have a huge impact on the pro game, and if it does it might be a negative one.

A beginner just needs a putter, wedge, short iron, mid iron, hybrid and a driver. Anything else is marginal gains.

D

Deleted member 23344

I could stop deluding myself that having a 3 wood is a good idea ??

I have bought a 3 wood on three occasions, each time a couple of years apart ... and sold each one after the first couple of rounds proved, yet again, that I cannot hit a 3 wood. I have finally learned my lesson and no longer look at them on eBay or Golfbidder.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I love that 14 is this number, enshrined in golfing lore, that should never be changed, because some famous players have used 14, and we have grown up thinking 14 was normal.

It was an arbitrary number chosen ages ago for no real reason other than someone thought it should be limited. It wasn't written on a stone tablet under instructions from a higher being.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I have bought a 3 wood on three occasions, each time a couple of years apart ... and sold each one after the first couple of rounds proved, yet again, that I cannot hit a 3 wood. I have finally learned my lesson and no longer look at them on eBay or Golfbidder.
But Henrik looks so cool when he hits his ?. That could be you, the right 3 wood is out there somewhere ?.

I'm the same with longer irons, not even that long now. It's quite therapeutic when you actually say enough is enough and give up on them.

evemccc

Visit site

Are they all from the fairway or did you ever use it off the tee?

I use a three-wood and only use it off the tee. It’s certainly one of the easiest and most reliable clubs for me. 10 times more accurate and reliable than Driver, and not significantly less far

I can’t speak for off the fairway usage but would recommend it for tee-shots

D

Deleted member 23344

Are they all from the fairway or did you ever use it off the tee?

I use a three-wood and only use it off the tee. It’s certainly one of the easiest and most reliable clubs for me. 10 times more accurate and reliable than Driver, and not significantly less far

I can’t speak for off the fairway usage but would recommend it for tee-shots

Mainly off the fairway, but I did occasionally try it off the tee. However, it was no more accurate than my driver and didn’t travel as far. I guess that, after a while, it’s probably all in one’s head.

D

Deleted member 23344

I'm the same with longer irons, not even that long now. It's quite therapeutic when you actually say enough is enough and give up on them.

It is ... I use nothing longer than a 5 iron now and often use hybrids below my 6 iron.