How low could my handicap go???

wolfie677

Hacker
Visit site
I have been playing now for 15 months and received an initial handicap in March this year of 17. After the club championships a week ago my handicap got cut to 16.2, so all is going well. I am 40 and have a total addiction to the game, what i am after is a general idea to where my handicap can get to? I know there are lots of permitations, but i practice three times a week and play at least twice. any thoughts???

RGDave

Money List Winner
Visit site
Hard to say, but once you get some consistency and begin to trust your swing and your short game it'll tumble if you keep at it. 3 practises a week on the right thing and you could easily get down to less than 10 in not long.

palindromicbob

Tour Winner
Visit site
No limit on how low it could go. I know some guys over 65 playing off single figures and still dropping. 17 is a nice play to start. I'm 30 and started with 21. Haven't received a cut yet :(

G1BB0

Money List Winner
Visit site
yup, depends on how much effort you put into it (and a whiff of ability of course)

I am 40 this year and just took up golf 5 months ago, 1st h.c 2 months back, still not had a cut but am now putting more effort into short game and putting as I know this will get me down to below my target of 18-20 by the end of the year.

most of all though, enjoy it, handicaps relect ability and reward the efforts put in so will take care of itself over time :)