How long to give seller benefit of doubt?

Britishshooting

Club Champion
Visit site
Purchased a 3 Wood via a well known Facebook golf selling page.

Independent Seller who is a Pga professional was promptly messaging me leading up to the sale. Then I send payment, sense some level of attitude and bluntness from the seller from a couple of messages post completion of sale on Saturday night (acting a little dumb).

Asked for proof of tracking or at least acknowledgement they have recieved payment however feel in limbo as zero communication since.

What’s the correct procedure? I’m fine giving someone a few working days grace to send the parcel so wouldn’t look to raise a dispute until the end of the week should I continue to get no response or goods, however I feel my messages are going to be left unread and unacknoweledged and have low expectations simply on the attitude and communication change.

Fortunately paid by PayPal goods and services.

Maybe I just communicate differently however a bloke expressed interest in my 917 Driver and 3 Wood, paid at 2pm today and he has tracking by 3pm and will receive it Tommorow AM.

I don’t expect this level of service, however would expect some level of communication especially when previously bombarding me with messages and information up until point of taking my money.

Khamelion

Tour Winner
Visit site
Kind of in the same boat, bought 3 dozen Srixon Z-Stars of Ebay, no comms from seller, I pay and then get notice from Ebay that parcel is on it's way with Hermes tracking number, week later no parcel, check the tracking number Hermes say they are still waiting for the parcel so they can deliver. Get in touch with the seller who tells me he's out of the country and will get a new tracking number, refund my postage and ship tomorrow.

Somehow I don't think I'll be seeing a new tracking number, nor my purchase and will have to go through the rigmarole of the refund process.

jusme

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
No grace period after a few days. Message him clearly and politely asking where the item is. If no response to message in 48 hours I go for refund and send message informing of same. That simple for me.

D

Deleted member 21258

I generally would not worry at all for a week, then I would make contact.