Not long left of the season- how close are you to your target?

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
I didn't really set goals this year - simply to improve and enjoy my golf. Handicap wise to consolidate and hold 6 was kind of in my mind as the drop from 10 to 6 last year felt tough to maintain and doubts crept in. As it turns out I managed a lovely, steady 75 in an early medal and then repeated that so cut to 5.3. A few comps left this year so will see where I end up but again no real set target.

I also made the County A Squad and finally the B Team and have played some tough matches which have been a great learning curve. Still nowhere near my best when it counts in matchplay but each time I learn a bit more and improve. We're contemplating a move of club which would mean a move County-wise too so would have to start again but have had a very positive conversation with their Captain which is encouraging.

Onwards and Upwards :thup:

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site
Have stayed pretty level for the last 2 seasons now, despite a few lessons in the Winter to try and find a repeatable, less flat, swing. I've hovered between 8 and 9 , but have achieved my lowest ever of 8.2. Got 4 qualifiers left (2 of which in a 36 hole open at St Annes Old Links) so hopefully can consolidate an 8 handicap as am teetering at 8.4.

It's been a funny season for me really.....have played 9 qualifiers, 5 x 0.1's, 2 buffers, 2 cuts and had 4 rounds in the 70's, the lowest being a 77, which should really have been a 74/75. I just need to stop the odd double / treble bogey creeping in. My iron play which has normally been the cornerstone of my game has deserted me, and i've had to rely on chipping and putting quite a bit this year.

Qwerty

Tour Winner
Visit site
This season just seems to have drifted by without noticing, Golfwise it's been poor.
Ive only played 6 qualifiers after busting my shoulder in the opening medal and the golf has been a bit erratic since.
Ive played some good stuff at times but I've never had so many bad holes as I've had this year.
Started on 7.3 and currently at 7.6, I think I need a kick up the backside to get out a bit more.

BrizoH71

Tour Rookie
brianhealy.net
I think playing through the winter rather than putting the clubs away has helped my progress this term, and having dropped from 18 at the start of the season, one more .3 cut will get me into my target 14 bracket.

I had hoped to get a win on the board, but blew my best chance when beaten in the 'C' final of the club championship. But it has been a good season overall, even if I have hit another slump in form and now getting into that 14 zone isn't on the horizon given my recent performances. ;)

Cheifi0

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I didn't really set any targets this year as I think last year I was too focused on trying to get the handicap down. This year I have just played golf and tried to focus my practice more and it seems to have worked. I started the season at 19.1 and am now sitting at 14.3. I have a few more comps I can play this year so anything lower will be a bonus.

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Well ahead of my target to play as many new courses, with as many mates, and to have as much fun as possible.

One good medal round at the beginning of the season, but through sheer hard work I have got the handicap back up again.:thup: Nice little win in the Pro Am, so Pro shop tab is looking good.

Good news is I have more games arranged over the next six weeks, than the previous six months.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Club Champs this weekend. New format this year - all play tomorrow and top 50 play Sunday. An 8 over and then a 7 over will see me reach my target for the year :) But in truth I'm just going to see if I can qualify for Day 2.

TheCaddie

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
My target was to break a 100 three times this year. I've managed to achieve it, and I am now working hard on the remainder of the year to keep it that way with some consistency. Well, at least until September / October time, and then when the weather turns real bad, if I am not shooting my best, I will take it with a pinch of salt!!

Qbduncan

Medal Winner
Visit site
So I reached my target and then some yesterday. Target was to break 80 and shot a 1 over 71 so smashed it. The greens weren't great though as they had been sanded in the last few days so not sure if this takes away from it. Was 1 under on the back nine.

Pretty happy!! Now to do it in a competition...

Karl102

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I started at 12.4 and quickly went up to 13. My target was to get to 10, which I have achieved thanks to me gaining a bit of consistency off the tee in the middle/end part of the season. I got to 9.8 and had delusions of single figures, but the last 2 medals I have missed buffer by 1 shot and 2 shots respectively. Narrow margins!!! But am pleased overall....

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
Finally had a solid round and should get cut to 15.5. Kinda gutted to miss out on getting to 15 as I still made one or two silly mistakes but I'm happy to finally come down a decent amount.

Fraz

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Started the year at 16.4 with a goal of getting down to 12.

Got to 13.7 so far, which considering I had 2 months in the middle of the season where I looked like I had never played golf before, is acceptable.

Got a few weeks left to shed the remaining 1.3 shots required and I feel I am playing very well.

Foliage Finder

Head Pro
Visit site
I may just get to my target! It's a new target as I hadn't anticipated being a member anywhere until next season.

So I'm aiming to get a h'cap before winter sets in so I can play in some fun winter comps. Scored 27 stableford pts today playing off a theoretical 28 so I think I'm almost there!

tugglesf239

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Miles off

Started at 19 with aspirations of getting sub 15.

Played really well for the first month. Hit 18 dead. Then had some lessons and no cannot hit a ball for love nor money.

Played shocking recently and have embarrassed. Myself a few times this year.

Saying that I played two of my best ever rounds this year and have been hitting the ball a country mile right through the bag. Capable of hitting absolute belters

Zero consistency though and capable of spraying the ball all over the place.

But disheartened by the whole thing really.

Have only played half a dozen comps all year to boot.

Overall assessment. 3/10

Utter poop

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Miles off

Started at 19 with aspirations of getting sub 15.

Played really well for the first month. Hit 18 dead. Then had some lessons and no cannot hit a ball for love nor money.

Played shocking recently and have embarrassed. Myself a few times this year.

Saying that I played two of my best ever rounds this year and have been hitting the ball a country mile right through the bag. Capable of hitting absolute belters

Zero consistency though and capable of spraying the ball all over the place.

But disheartened by the whole thing really.

Have only played half a dozen comps all year to boot.

Overall assessment. 3/10

Utter poop

Perhaps a bit tough on yourself with 3/10. I know where you are though. Playing some truly awful golf right now and trying hard to work through it and still way too inconsistent in 2015. Same as 2014 in that respect. I have had some good days and did well in GM Race to Hillside and won a monthly stableford but still a long way from where I want to be, especially handicap wise. A 6/10 for me

Keep going, try not get too down on yourself and use the winter to take stock and work out where you need to get better. The two good rounds show you have it in there. You just need to find it more often