How long do you stop after playing a round?

• Thread starter Deleted member 31582
  • Start date

How long in the club after your round?

• Don’t stop!

• 15-30mins

• 31-60mins

• 60-90mins

• 91mins plus

Results are only viewable after voting.

Albo

Visit site
Pretty much always go straight from the 18th to my car pack up and go home.
With the drink drive limit in Scotland a pint isnt an option, shandy maybe but its really not enticing. Having young kids there are many more important things than spending more time at the golf club

fenwayrich

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Having no family responsibilities I almost always stop for a couple of hours. I'm comfortable spending time on my own at home, but I'm not a hermit. Post round banter, often including a card or dominoes school, is as important as the golf.

D

Deleted member 21258

For a normal round, dont stop, as rushing back to work.

For other rounds prior to covid probably stopped 1/4 of times for 45 minutes for something to eat/drink, since covid only been in clubhouses briefly a handful of times but changing back now. Ive missed a couple of the welcoming clubhouses during this period.

Dont really do comp golf and tend to play with the family, which is some of the reasons for the above.

Captainron

Big Hitting, South African Sweary Person
Visit site
Defo stop after to see people and chat. Have a few drinks (2 shandies so I can drive) or a couple of gunners. Plate of cheesy chips.

Love this side of being a member of a golf club (not a golf course)

I find it weird that folk won’t stay because they can’t have alcohol. Seems stupid to me

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Always go in for a drink after 18 holes or a comp.

Coffee in the winter, pint in the summer.

Will have food if I'm not in a rush.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I find it weird that folk won’t stay because they can’t have alcohol. Seems stupid to me
I've been at my current club for 4 years now. I realised recently that I have never had an alcoholic drink there since being a member, always have to drive and as alcohol affects me quite quickly it is just safer not to bother. I stop in the bar after pretty much every round, I just have a coffee or a lemonade instead. It really isn't a big deal.

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Pretty much always go straight from the 18th to my car pack up and go home.
With the drink drive limit in Scotland a pint isnt an option, shandy maybe but its really not enticing. Having young kids there are many more important things than spending more time at the golf club
Reading this thread it appears that the drink driving laws seem to be very relaxed outwith Scotland.;)

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Don't think many will have a singular answer to this and "depends" will play a huge part, as it is with me.
Depends on what day it is, what time I tee off and what else I have to be getting done (am I skiving work for example... Joking if my boss happens to read this)...

If I am out on a Saturday before 10am, I will usually stop in and have lunch and a lemonade (always try to support our awesome caterer) as it saves me doing that at home and I can get back and crack on with whatever else needs doing.

If I'm out after 10am, then it's that strange part of the day when it's not really lunch and too early for dinner so will pop in and have a lemonade and then head off, IF I have nothing else to do. But working M-F, there's always jobs needing done of a weekend.

Sundays I tend not to go in after I play as it's reduced service and can take an absolute age (not the caterer's fault, she needs a day off too) and I usually visit my old man on a Sunday with my lad.

So, TLDR: It depends.

Depreston

Club Champion
Visit site
I'd have been 31-60 but with a bairn on the way it'll be drop the card off and fleeing back as quick as possible for the foreseeable

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
As long as it takes me to drink one coffee. Cannot have a pint as I have the car, not really keen on the atmosphere in many clubhouses so sociable coffee then an invite if anyone wants a pint in my village pub.

D

Deleted member 3432

As long as it takes to get my clubs in the boot of the car.

May have a chat with the pro if its quiet and I'm not pushed for time otherwise I'm out of there.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Last few years been playing with a lad who is tea total.
So it’s a bite to eat and a pot of tea for two.
Must say I have never been a big drinker and can take or leave it.
Tea is fine by me!

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I have no other commitments and when I leave is basically decided by what time the rest of the group go. Most stop for at least an hour.

Sometimes the last group get in nearly an hour after the first group anyway and as I am in charge of the pot I have to wait until everybody is in to divi it up.