How is your course in the winter ?

howbow88

Hacker
Visit site
Question on the cost that irritates you…is your club advertising a monthly membership scheme, however that is arranged - or are they simply dividing an annual membership commitment by 12 to give a monthly cost of membership.
They offer monthly direct debit or full up front cost. In both cases they highlight something like 'play this course for only £XXX per month!' And in fairness to them, so do many of the other courses in the local area and none of them do well at this time of year. No one would pay for a gym year round if it closed for the winter.

The Lion

Visit site
I joined a local parkland course in Inverness that is very close to home a couple of years ago, but tbh I've not played it much, rarely in winter. It's wet in winter and like concrete in summer. Just going to stick with my links course in future, esp as this year and at the moment is in its best condition ever.

Would that be Inverness or Kings perhaps?

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
It looks pretty decent. Will tick it off next time I'm up, as we have reciprocal with them.
It's got some good holes, much longer than the old course over the road, but just didn't play it enough. Also unlike the old course much harder to play just a few holes, torvean was perfect for that.