How is Senior's Golf organised at your Club?

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Things such as....
Are they managed as a separate group within the Club - committee, Captain etc
Do you have Comps/Trophies in separate age groups eg. 50 to 60, 60 to 70, 70+
Senior's Team?.... 50 or 55 years?

as well as any other special arrangements.

GG26

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
We have a couple of seniors comps and a seniors team, but apart from that there is no separation from the rest of the membership.

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Over 55's and run as a separate section with senior comps, matches etc. Don't believe we have a senior captain, no idea re AGM as I have nothing to do with it; despite qualifying on age, everything is organised for midweek so as I still work full time I don't participate.

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
Over 55's and run as a separate section with senior comps, opens, matches etc. Senior president and their own AGM and 6 reserved times early Monday am.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Nairns is run as a sep section with comps on Monay and Fridays afetrnoons off the Blue (old yellows) own champs and some pretty good inter club matches. £15 to join and over 55's

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
Question....for those of you where the seniors section is run as a separate entity...

Do players have to pay an additional fee to be part of the seniors section? or are they automatically part of the section the moment they turn 55??

Springveldt

Visit site
They have a separate, slower, pace of play and a bit scruffier dress code mainly ?
Opposite at my club, the vast majority of the seniors I've played with are rapid. 150 yards straight every time, good short game and never lose a ball. Tee off if the group in front are 10 yards out of range etc. Think it is over 60's, they have their own team, own comp on a Thursday.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
At my old club they had their own section with their own captain, own comps, own open and a seniors morning where they had exclusive use of the tee. They really were like a club within a club with only a few taking part in events outside of the seniors section. Not sure why it was necessary to have their won section, captain etc as the senior male members effectively ran the whole club anyway.

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site
Not exactly a separate section. There is a Seniors Captain and Vice-captain - and the immediate past Seniors Captain - who are all on the main committee. They run their own competitions with reserved tees on a Friday morning and play matches with the Seniors from other local clubs - the majority of them also play in a club QR on a Tuesday morning. When I say it's not a separate section, I mean the Seniors Captain answers to the main committee and has to run things according to the direction of the main committee, so they are not at liberty to do just as they please.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Any male member over 55 is automatically a senior.

The Seniors have their own committee, a chairman but not a Seniors Captain and seat at the Captain's committee. Separate Seniors AGM.

They run their own competitions (big mix of formats) provided their rules agree with the club rules for such.

They pay for all trophies out of their own funds (small levy on comps and any profits from the two Seniors Opens go in to their funds).

They are allocated every other Monday for competition day.

With have regular Seniors matches with about 14 other clubs.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
They have a separate, slower, pace of play and a bit scruffier dress code mainly ?

I see Cat1’s take more time to take a shot and spend more time looking for balls, seniors simply drive [short] down the fairways, then hit a 7w, then a 9w, chip & putt and move on....